Postcard to the Brotherhood of the Traveling Chubbs
Just for fun, here’s a postcard from an early January 2011 trip my son and I made to Utah.
This postcard is addressed to Rio, SkiMangoJazz, jgiddyup, northeasterner, Volant addict (honorary member), and any other brothers I have inadvertently omitted. The traveling V2 Chubbs proved their worth six times over.
1) From Snowbasin, this shot is similar to the one of northeasterner
My son also joined the brotherhood and used the Chubbs for a couple hours on two days before renting his own pair of wider skis.
2) Powder Mountain, the Chubbs took some rides on the Snowcat.
Below Lightening Ridge, skis good, driver weak.
3) Brighton, I'd never been on skis before that were wider than about 74mm underfoot. From the instant I tried the Chubbs I was very comfortable doing my old school scarve with them on groomers.
These babies enjoyed the scenic views at Brighton as much as I did
4) Alta, they led
me down High Rustler
and Catherine's off the Supreme lift
5) Snowbird, their gleaming, metal finish turned heads in the tram
and they even managed to get ever so slightly airborne in Mineral Basin
6) Solitude, in Honeycomb Canyon it's not how good you are, but how much fun you're having.
Here's to you guys! Thanks for paying it forward.