I've been planning a ski trip with my girlfriend this upcoming March 14th. I had originally planned on driving to Snowshoe WV from Tampa FL but after reading on here I am having second thoughts. Seems like most people here think it is overpriced and not worthy. Ill try to keep it short and sweet so here are the specifics:
- Driving/Flying out of Tampa FL,
- Trip will be March 12-16
- Girlfriend has never been skiing but is very athletic and I think she can pick it up pretty quick. Still planning on getting her some lessons but she is better than me on a slalom ski behind the boat (I realize this is completely different) and I think she will be able to handle it no problem.
- I would say I am an average skier/snowboarder and can handle all the toughest slopes at the resorts I have been to (Snowshoe/SilverCreek/Sugar/Mont Tremblanc)
- I have my own equipment but we need to rent equipment for her
- Time limit, I will only have 2-3 days off work, making the total trip 4-5 days. I can leave early the night before and make it 4.5-5.5 days if needed.
- I am 23 so I can not rent a car.
- On a budget. She is just finishing school, I just started full time 5 months ago. Not saying I want to put a trip together for $500 total, but I can't be spending $3000 either.
I originally wanted to go to WV because we could drive and save money on airfare. Plus I am sure airlines charge to bring equipment along so if we flew somewhere that would be an added fee if I were to bring my gear. I am still a newbie and this would be the first trip I have planned myself. Every other time I just went along with my parents or my friends parents. Any suggestions on where to go? Thank you!