Recent Images In This Thread
- topicChildrentagged by marznc, 7/8/15
Related Forum Threads
- Saving boots for another kid Last post on Today at 7:00 am in Ask the Boot Guys
- Kids boot sizing Last post on Yesterday at 5:01 pm in Ask the Boot Guys
- Where do kids ski for free? Daily lift ticket or season-long discount for specific grade -... Last post on 10/14/16 at 5:12pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Jackson Hole ski school for my son Last post on 9/4/16 at 5:11pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Can't decide on skis for 8yr old - please help! [Afton Alps, likes park] Last post on 7/26/16 at 9:23am in Ski Gear Discussion
Teaching Children To Ski
Last edited: 7/13/11
- Money And Time Saving Tips For Parents Of Young SkiersLast edited: 4/20/11
- Children And Good SkiingLast edited: 4/22/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Kid Stoke Picture Thread - Page 6post #151 of 1871/3/14 at 9:23ampost #152 of 1871/3/14 at 9:50ampost #153 of 1871/6/14 at 11:48ampost #154 of 1871/7/14 at 5:30amSo, I don't have a picture to accompany this, but my not-quite-2-year-old just slid around my house on a comb saying "I ski! I ski!"
I wasn't initially planning on having her on "real" skis this year, but that may change. I taught a "lesson" last week with a little boy onl a month older than my daughter. He was able to shuffle and slide to me (I had his older brother at the same time, so I couldn't just ski with him).
I guess it's time to get Ellis some boots and skis . . .post #155 of 1871/12/14 at 5:48pmpost #156 of 1871/26/14 at 4:52pm
Here is a kid who just started nordic skiing two months ago. He's been skiing mostly freestyle (a.k.a. skate) since then. His days on classic (remember? diagonal stride?) gear number approximately three. Nevertheless, here he is yesterday, with a very bad cold, starting in a big race attended by hundreds of very experienced kids from all over the state. Gutsy. Very gusty.post #157 of 1872/23/14 at 5:39pm
First official NASTAR finish. Wiped out twice trying yesterday hahahaha..
That's Old Boot coaching him all the way down (there to clean up the mess if needed so others can race)post #158 of 1878/6/14 at 9:10ampost #159 of 1872/4/15 at 8:08pmpost #160 of 1872/5/15 at 6:57ampost #161 of 1872/5/15 at 7:06ampost #162 of 1872/5/15 at 7:58ampost #163 of 1872/23/15 at 1:35pm
My oldest one from earlier in this thread now 12 YO at the Prater Cup GS Qualifier in Crested Butte.
I want to ski like her when I grow up....she crushes me now.....at least she still likes to ski with me somethimespost #164 of 1874/1/15 at 11:02am
The only picture I have with both of my kids on skis. This was my daughter's second time playing around on skis. She's only 17 months, and can't walk yet, but she liked being out there and kept asking for more.
Below is some footage of my four year old son making turns earlier this season. It's a struggle to get him to make turns and not just power wedge straight down every run, but he was willing to humor me for some jelly beans. Ignore the stop in the middle. Once he knew I was filming he wanted to see the video after every turn. It took a few tried to get this one.
And my son again, just having a good time:post #165 of 1874/2/15 at 5:28ampost #166 of 1874/8/15 at 4:33pm
A little back story: She landed her first 360 on her second attempt. Then, landed one on every jump in the park line (6 in a row). She then went and landed her first attempt on this jump, on the big jump line. I was pretty stoked on my ten year old, and so was her coach, (check out the reaction at the end).
Edited by MHarry18 - 4/11/15 at 4:28pmpost #167 of 1874/8/15 at 5:09pmpost #168 of 1874/9/15 at 6:17am
Took a day to start teaching grand daughter number 2 (have 4 of them and two grand sons now). Had the perfect warm, slow day to take out my three year old grand daughter who wanted to go with me so badly all winter while I taught.post #169 of 1874/9/15 at 9:39ampost #170 of 1874/9/15 at 2:07pmpost #171 of 1874/13/15 at 3:24pm
Here's another 1st time up. Only 50 yards on the flats but the only thing that matters is the size of the smile at the end.
The whole TRpost #172 of 1874/19/15 at 9:04ampost #173 of 1874/19/15 at 6:58pmpost #174 of 1874/19/15 at 7:02pmpost #175 of 1874/20/15 at 9:57ampost #176 of 1874/20/15 at 2:13pm
In heavy withdrawal mode at the end of the ski season, going through some old pictures.
First picture is my son at 4 yo. Probably less than 5 days on skis.
Second picture is from this season. He is 6 yo now.post #177 of 1874/20/15 at 9:40pmpost #178 of 1877/3/15 at 10:42ampost #179 of 1878/4/15 at 10:07pm
- Kid Stoke Picture Thread
- Money And Time Saving Tips For Parents Of Young Skiers
- › Instructor recommendation for Stratton 2 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 3 minutes ago
- › Confirmed: VW bringing Golf Sportwagen Alltrack to the U.S. (for... 10 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 24 minutes ago
- › 2017 Mid-Atlantic Gathering at Timberline, WV - February 24-26, 2017 28 minutes ago
- › Question about shuttle bus from Banff to ski areas 44 minutes ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 44 minutes ago
- › Salomom Xmax 120 vs, Xwave 8.0 46 minutes ago
- › 87 degree side edge too much for park? 57 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer