I like to log how many times i've been skiing in a season, for this i've used excel or other Facebook apps. The problem with some past Facebook apps is they are no longer around or are overly complicated.
So I created a simple Facebook app for logging your ski days. Its based off the similar app I made for logging mountain biking rides. The app is clutter free, simple and fast to enter ski days. With fields like location, trails you skied and friends you skied with. The app is integrated with facebooks friends system and has an option to post a message to your wall when you add a day.
You can try it out here: http://apps.facebook.com/skiinglog
More info (fan page): http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=133836113330895
You can also rely on this app staying around and not disappearing in a year. There is also an option to export your log to an excel CSV file if you want to move your data.
- stats page showing most popular locations, trails, top skiers and so on
- location, trail names & comments searchable
- Skier directory listing other skiers
- export your rides to a CSV file
- privacy settings to exclude yourself from directory or stats
- integration with facebook friends
- option to publish new log entries to your wall
- field to enter a URL to your GPS track on a 3rd party site like everytrail.com logs with GPS data have a red pushpin
- keep track of which skis you used each day
- log comments and liking
The newest Facebook redesign removed profile boxes and tabs, so those no longer work :(
If you have any suggestions please let me know!