Ever consider SKI SINS!
Bottom line,,, sins are guidelines for us to live in harmony! So it is,,,, that while skiing there are some sins we should all avoid! Avoid so that we are happier and safer together!
Some years ago, to avoid these sins we were "taught" by our mentors, parents , elders how to avoid these sins!
Here are my ski sins that I have learnt to avoid! I am sure more will be added!
1. Bringing board/ski into ski chalet! We all observe this,,,yet a few feel they are special!
2. Leaning board/ski against that "other car" in the parking lot!
3. Smoking in chair, gondola, train etc,,,
4. Stepping over other skier's skis in lift line.
5. Stopping ACROSS ski slope and chit chatting about; world issues, weather, view, stock market, etc,,, (worst is stopping ACROSS ski slope to "smoke up" and enjoy fresh air)!
(even more "sinful" ,,,a instructor having a class sit ACROSS hill while "teaching")
6. Parking in a 15 minute "unloading zone" for ,,,,,,,4 hours
7. Throwing wrappers/drinks/kleenexes from chair lift
8. Stopping at entrance to lift line and chatting with friends about; manners, food, weather etc,,,, while others are truing to get in lift line!
9. Bringing laptop/ phone/Ipad/ etc,,,,, on ski trip and during lunch doing "business"
10. Stopping at top ( 2 meters from OFF RAMP) and discussing what we will eat for supper, where we will go, great view etc,,,,,, While other skiers ( coming from lift) are trying to avoid you!
Can we accept that we all want to enjoy the "skiing experience" so let us think of the other!
Have fun listing your "SINS"