- 2 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
I watched some of the videos on the site to see how it all worked. Setting up a map (or at least doing it well) looks to be a decent amount of work, but the end result is pretty frickin cool. I really liked the bus line example, where you used a straight line bus line map, that was slick.
To play around with it, I started working on the trail map for my home ski area (Stevens Pass). Before I publish it, I had a couple of questions.
1. Can I edit the map points after I publish it, if I want to adjust or correct things?
2. If I make it public, can others edit my map to help correct it, or just view it?
I'll publish it and put up a link to it here, but didn't want to until I made sure I'd be able to continue editing it if I want to afterwards.
I don't know how much I'd use something like this, honestly, but the implementation is really nicely done I think.
I've had a look at your map - looks like you've done a good job with it!
1. Yes you can edit it once it's published. If you download the map to your phone now, then edit some points, you will have to delete that map from your phone and re-download it, but we're currently working on an update feature to get around this.
2. Others can only view it. We are considering the possibility of allowing map makers to choose other users that they want to allow to edit their map, but it's simpler at the moment to just allow the map maker alone to edit their map.
Glad you've given it a go, and thanks again! Any questions - just let me know! You can email use from the "Contact Us" page on the website.
Thought I'd give these guys, and my Stevens Pass Trail Map, a plug. They just held a map competition for newly submitted maps and mine won! I haven't been up skiing in the last week since I made the map, so I haven't had a chance to test it out in action yet. And honestly, I've skied Stevens enough that I don't really need this. But I still think the app is pretty slick anyway.
If anyone wants to see the Trail Map I made, it's here: http://makkamappa.com/maps/185