New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for boots

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

I recently decided to get back to skiing. I've been out of touch for about 15-20 years. I was an expert skier, mostly groomers and bumps. Ilike to make quick slalom turns on steep hills. I'm looking to get a good pair expert boots. I'm not familiar with the new stifness index. I tried on a pair on Nordica Speedmachine 130. They felt pretty good on my feet, and the stiffness felt OK in the store. Are these good boots? Are there any others I should look at?

post #2 of 11

Last year I bought my first pair of ski boots in 16 yrs. I tried many brands including Nordica Speed Machine & Doberman, but I ended up buying their Supercharger Blower.  First off, they are the most comfortable high performance boot I've ever used. Pure plush comfort. They are plenty stiff and have fantastic power transfer from leg/foot to ski. I skied the second half of last season on them and loved them.  I think which ever model you go with will be a great performer as long as it conforms to your ability. I'd say go with the most comfortable of their expert line. I don't think you can go wrong with Nordica.  

post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 

I tried on the Tecnica Dragon 110s in a shop today. I spent a good part of an hour with them on and felt good all the way through. I think these may be the boots for me. Hes anyone skied them? How do they feel on the hill?

post #4 of 11

I own the Speedmachine 110. Excellent boot.

post #5 of 11

I know a guy whose brother has a Lange RX 130 and says its the best boot. His feet are exactly like yours.

 

SJ

post #6 of 11

Damn it Jim, you're a bootfitter (that's almost a Doctor...), take this sh*t serious or else people will stop asking "which boots will I like?" on internet forums.

 

post #7 of 11


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikolaiVolkoff View Post

I I tried on a pair on Nordica Speedmachine 130. They felt pretty good on my feet, and the stiffness felt OK in the store. Are these good boots? Are there any others I should look at?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spokes58 View Post

I think which ever model you go with will be a great performer as long as it conforms to your ability. I'd say go with the most comfortable of their expert line. I don't think you can go wrong with Nordica.  

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikolaiVolkoff View Post

I tried on the Tecnica Dragon 110s in a shop today. I spent a good part of an hour with them on and felt good all the way through. I think these may be the boots for me.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post

I own the Speedmachine 110. Excellent boot.

 

rolleyes.gif
 

Maybe the sticky in the Ask the Boot Guys forum might be of use (redface.gif).

 

Short answer to this question asked daily - everybody's foot is different, and NO ONE (that would be NO ONE) can tell you over the interwebs what boot works for you. Get to a boot fitter to see what boot works for your foot and forget what someone's sister's brother-in-law once did that worked great.

 

Or, if all else fails, use the old wisdom - get the red ones.

 

 

 

(Or, of course, use the same smarts that Greggor did that's my signature)

post #8 of 11

I can't believe nobody said it, but you need to go to a boot fitter so that whatever boots you get fit your feet properly.  Unless of course you're a troll in which case you will find your boots under the bridge.redface.gif

post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 

I understand that I need the boot that feels best for me. But, what i'm asking is: has anybody skied on the boots I'm looking at and can tell me how the performed for them on the slopes?

post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 

Big Star Trek fan here. Thanks, I needed that.

post #11 of 11

the boots you are looking at perform great on the slopes

 

all boots ski well, if they fit.

 

find the fit, the performance will find you.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion