Alrighty....Obi Wan, you are my last hope.
Since I have been skiing....basically for the past 14 years....I have a major problem - my feet.
If stretch before...drop 800mg of Advil, and only ski groomed blues....my feet are often bearable. Hit the off piste...and welcome to the 7th dimension of hell.
I can take pain...I have played semi pro rugby, reset my own shoulder and fingers playing football, and competitively box.
The pain...the feeling that my arches are being torn asunder is the worst pain I have ever felt.
Sufficed to say:
1. I am limited to what I ski
2. I am on the verge of quitting entirely
3. I have been to every 'boot doctor' in Canada and the US
4. I have custom orthotics ($600)
5. I have been to a podiatrist
6. I have widish feet, and large calves
I have skied in Noridcas, and Technicas....but would try anything. Hell, I have considered going old school with some mid entrys.
I am not sure if:
1. The blood flow is being cut off to my feet
2. I am fighting the boot
I hypothize, but I am not sure. Basically, I am either looking for someone that has a genie available for one more wish, or someone that has had similar situation.
I would love a recommendation (other than stop skiing, or amputation).