- itemKirkwood Mountain Resorttagged by System, 11/26/10
Related Forum Threads
- How's skiing in Kirkwood in April? Last post on 4/6/16 at 3:03pm in General Skiing Discussion
- California Visit [meet ups] Last post on 2/22/16 at 3:54pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Tahoe Weekend December 12-15th Last post on 12/20/15 at 4:01am in Trip Reports
- Sierra at Tahoe - vs- Kirkwood Last post on 12/17/15 at 5:19pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Tips for Tahoe in December with Epic Pass, staying near Heavenly Last post on 11/17/15 at 2:32pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Kirkwood, CA - A PictorialLast edited: 9/9/13
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
- Kirkwood, CA - A Pictorial
1 Pic TR: Kirkwood Opening Day - 2011 (11/24/10)
Yep, a picture is worth a thousand words and this is it!!!!
Major jealousy from a northeastern skier, but hey our season is starting to roll as well, albeit not anywhere as nice as our Western brethren are experiencing.
Indeed he did. My instructions were to "make some turns in the sunlight" and Alex set up on top of a ridge that paralleled the fall line. In the photo, the fall line is actually behind me and traveling to lookers right. I was making turns in the gully below the ridge where Alex was set up, and then when I got across from him, I cranked this turn 90 degrees from the fall line right at his lens.
Freaking awesome. It's been 2 years since I've had a ski that is 100% designed for powder, and man is it good to be on such a ski again. So fun. Length is perfect for me (190cm) and the amount of tip & tail rocker allow you to make any shape turn you want, at any time, and at pretty much any speed in pow without being flappy. Weight is awesome too for such a large ski (144mm waist) and the tapered tips and tail give it an extremely low swing weight to pivot on a dime in deep snow. Flex underfoot is stiff and medium in the tip/tails.
I spent a week at Tahoe last January, My best day was going to Kirkwood. They had 7 feet of snow the week before. It was warm, no wind, and wonderful!! ... I'm jealous of the opening day guy, but hoping I have good snow when I get there again in January... thanks for posting a great pic!
Alex Do was the photographer. (sorry, I should have put that in the original post! Will go back and add it in...)
Thanks everyone. Glad you dig it.
NICE SHOT, not mention, nice snow, nice technique, nice weather, nice lighting, and last, but not lease, NICE OPENING DAY.
We're a few weeks behind you here in the East, so enjoy the early start.
- 1 Pic TR: Kirkwood Opening Day - 2011 (11/24/10)
- › The Barriers To Good Skiing 2 minutes ago
- › When we should use wash in DWR vs. Spray on for our Hard Shells ? 7 minutes ago
- › Race Day 8 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › How To Record Skiing Videos Like This?? 14 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 17 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 20 minutes ago
- › Brilliant Skiing Every Day by Weems Westfeldt - free download 29 minutes ago
- › The MAX Pass 2016-17 for 39 areas: Killington, Tremblant, Big Sky,... 31 minutes ago
- › The 2015 2 ski quiver thread. 38 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues