- itemKirkwood Mountain Resorttagged by System, 11/26/10
Related Forum Threads
- 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke Last post on Today at 2:02 pm in General Skiing Discussion
- How's skiing in Kirkwood in April? Last post on 4/6/16 at 3:03pm in General Skiing Discussion
- California Visit [meet ups] Last post on 2/22/16 at 3:54pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Tahoe Weekend December 12-15th Last post on 12/20/15 at 4:01am in Trip Reports
- Sierra at Tahoe - vs- Kirkwood Last post on 12/17/15 at 5:19pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Kirkwood, CA - A PictorialLast edited: 9/9/13
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
- Kirkwood, CA - A Pictorial
1 Pic TR: Kirkwood Opening Day - 2011 (11/24/10)
Yep, a picture is worth a thousand words and this is it!!!!
Major jealousy from a northeastern skier, but hey our season is starting to roll as well, albeit not anywhere as nice as our Western brethren are experiencing.
Indeed he did. My instructions were to "make some turns in the sunlight" and Alex set up on top of a ridge that paralleled the fall line. In the photo, the fall line is actually behind me and traveling to lookers right. I was making turns in the gully below the ridge where Alex was set up, and then when I got across from him, I cranked this turn 90 degrees from the fall line right at his lens.
Freaking awesome. It's been 2 years since I've had a ski that is 100% designed for powder, and man is it good to be on such a ski again. So fun. Length is perfect for me (190cm) and the amount of tip & tail rocker allow you to make any shape turn you want, at any time, and at pretty much any speed in pow without being flappy. Weight is awesome too for such a large ski (144mm waist) and the tapered tips and tail give it an extremely low swing weight to pivot on a dime in deep snow. Flex underfoot is stiff and medium in the tip/tails.
I spent a week at Tahoe last January, My best day was going to Kirkwood. They had 7 feet of snow the week before. It was warm, no wind, and wonderful!! ... I'm jealous of the opening day guy, but hoping I have good snow when I get there again in January... thanks for posting a great pic!
Alex Do was the photographer. (sorry, I should have put that in the original post! Will go back and add it in...)
Thanks everyone. Glad you dig it.
NICE SHOT, not mention, nice snow, nice technique, nice weather, nice lighting, and last, but not lease, NICE OPENING DAY.
We're a few weeks behind you here in the East, so enjoy the early start.
- 1 Pic TR: Kirkwood Opening Day - 2011 (11/24/10)
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 11 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 20 minutes ago
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 26 minutes ago
- › L3 finally in the books 32 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 33 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 37 minutes ago
- › 105-110 powder ski that can handle ice 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Tips for keeping your tips up? 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › DPS Cassiar F95 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › First Chair Introductions - Where? How often? Solo or with others? 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Okemo Mountain by TRobertson
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview