So I've skied the heck out of my salomon teneighty's for 7 years now, and there's not much left in them. I demoed a few pairs last season and found all of them heavy and slower to turn than my current pair, but I'm guessing the move from park/pipe (which I rarely used them for) skis to all-mountain will have a bit more weight.
- 6'2", 205 lbs
- ski mostly the northeast (with random trips out west)
- ski everything from groomers to bumps and trees
- current skis are salomon 1080, 171cm
- want a light/quick go-anywhere ski (looking at 2009-2010 models)
- i don't race and don't ever plan to, but it's always fun to keep up with/beat your friends (and be stable at speed)
I was looking at something like the K2 Apache Crossfire, probably in the lower 180's (slightly bigger than what I ski now), maybe the Apache Recon as well. Rossignol Classic 80 (TI) also looks promising.
Looking forward to hearing your suggestions, thanks!
Edited by glacious - 11/23/10 at 11:40am