- 1,171 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: South Carolina
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD, west PA) Last post on 10/20/16 at 9:49am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- 2015-16 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, west PA; plus SC, GA, TN, AL, FL) Last post on 9/10/16 at 1:25pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Recommend an instructor at Sugar/Beech? Last post on 1/12/15 at 12:33pm in General Skiing Discussion
- The 2014-15 thread for NC, VA, SC, GA, WV, etc.. Last post on 9/8/15 at 7:32pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- NC, VA, SC, GA Ski Trip/Day Trip Get Together Meet Up Thread for 2013-2014 Season Last post on 4/11/14 at 6:07am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
Appalachian Mountain, NC. Local Guide/Best Place to Learn
Last edited: 3/8/14
- Beech Mountain, NC Local Guide to Highest Elevation in the Eastern USLast edited: 3/8/14
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
- Beech Mountain, NC Local Guide to Highest Elevation in the Eastern US
Official 2010-2011 SouthEast (NC/VA/GA/TN) Meet You There Thread. - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Had a great day yesterday. We were on the slopes around 9:30 and skiied until 4:30. No lines to speak of and made around 24 runs. The snow was pretty hard with ice off the groomed areas, but other than that, the conditions were great!
Right on .... somedays my work sucks hahaha, what do you mean I cant go play???
Im off to Nebraska on Tuesday, ( I said to my employer hey you sent 1 guy to Denver , anouther to SLC , Whats going on here ????
I need to go somplace with snow also I like to ski!!
So they sent me to Nabraska of all places, well at least if they do have a ski hill I will be able to see it for 50 miles , bah humbug LOL
Maybe week after,. I sure hope so
I havnt got any marching orders for this week yet. If I can get away for a day this week I surly will, sugar or beech dont matter to me.
Gunna try for Tuesday and I will know by tomorrow at lunch so will post if any can make it.
Takes me 6 hours from Durham. pretty easy driving most of the way..
Says 10 hrs from my housem to BK . I plan on escaping on the friday as early as I can.
OK looks like im probibly clear for tomorrow up in Boone area. I will be positive in a few hrs from now but as it stands work has nothing for me to do hehehe.
so Im gunna pack up my gear and get it ready, and I will post again in a bit but im thinking I will drive tonight and be in the area first thing
Havnt decieded which hill yet but I havnt been to beach this year
Wonder what the conditions will be like. It's supposed to be 78 here (Charlotte) on Friday! In any case, you'll still be skiing!
I hope to get in one more day somewhere in the next month. Hopefully there will still be snow. Have fun.
OK kindda late ,but anyone wanna hit the hill tomorrow ? (Sunday)
dont care really wich one or for how long just got an itch from posting here asll day. I know its the weekend but....
Last Call?? If anybody's still open, and if the weather is good, I'm going to take my son somewhere Saturday mid day to fine tune his snowplow down some greens on the hero snow. Stay tuned
If you're really there I might impose by taking two little kids that can't really ski so we can each have some extra ballast. I doubt the girl will want to go though, just a potential option.
Bump, SLUSH BUMP! My son's very excited about going as we draw nearer. Lil sis says she will pass so the boys will ski Sugar's hero snow Saturday. He might even get up EARLY for a full day instead of just afternoon skiing. We shall see about that.
Will it even be worth the drive?
Ive never skiing in slush with temps so warm. Whats to be expected?
I thought about driving up to Snowshoe today for tomorrow, but ive never been and not sure its worth the 5+ hour drive at this point.
Skiing is ALWAYS better than not skiing. But, I can also promise it will be S-L-O-W skiing. FWIW, we're driving 3 hours for one last day of skiing this season.
Partly cloudy. A slight chance of showers in the evening...then a chance of showers with a slight chance of thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the upper 40s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 35 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 40 percent.
We will likely be skiing greens and maybe blues since they will be skiing like greens. The whole point of this is to get my son out there since he didn't get to go at all earlier this season as his other weekend activities took precedence. If he skis one run and enjoys it the trip will be a success. Not liking the light chance of rain, but still gonna give it a go.
- Official 2010-2011 SouthEast (NC/VA/GA/TN) Meet You There Thread.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Achilles tear no surgery 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Saving boots for another kid 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 3 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › First time buying skis - need suggestions please [mother skiing... 3 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 3 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Instructor recommendation for Stratton 3 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Rossignol Soul 7 length? 6', 155 lbs. Trees. 3 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 3 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer