Like many... I've skied my whole life. Tried the snowboard thing when it became big... did a few lessons and did a few days out on the board.
I thought it was fun...and i loved the comfort of the boots... but (there's always a but right?)
1. Didn't like how green slopes were now blacks for me
2. Didn't like how much i was falling down (i don't fall on skis that often)
3. Didn't like that I was nervous of hurting myself or others (that whole stopping thing troubled me)
4. I freaked when anyone got near me going fast (i felt like a geezer thinking "SLOW DOWN YOU YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPERS!")
5. That whole getting on and off the lift thing
6. Didn't like that my board wouldn't come off when I wiped out.
I think that was it.
I respect boarders just like I respect all on the mountain when they ski/board under control and within their ability.
I tried surfing as an adult...and while i loved the feeling of catching a wave...that whole getting caught in the wave when I didn't make it was no fun. Had I started younger.. I'm sure I would have LOVED it...just like boarding.
But I'm a skier...always have been...always will be.