EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Volkl Kiku's - 154 or 162?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Volkl Kiku's - 154 or 162?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

I'm trying to buy a "surprise" pair of Kiku's for my wife and I'm stuck trying to decide which size.

 

Her:

115 pounds

5'5

Intermediate skier 

 

The sizing charts lean towards the 154, however given Kiku's are wider/powder ski's I'm wondering if it makes sense to go with the 162. 

 

Thank you.

 

Andrew

post #2 of 9


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoefun View Post

I'm trying to buy a "surprise" pair of Kiku's for my wife and I'm stuck trying to decide which size.

 

Her:

115 pounds

5'5

Intermediate skier 

 

The sizing charts lean towards the 154, however given Kiku's are wider/powder ski's I'm wondering if it makes sense to go with the 162. 


Yes.

post #3 of 9

Absolutely. We sell a lot of womens pow skis and the most popular sizes for average sized women is 162-167. So much so in fact that we rarely stock much below 160.

 

SJ

post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoefun View Post

The sizing charts lean towards the 154, however given Kiku's are wider/powder ski's I'm wondering if it makes sense to go with the 162. 


I had the same concern recently as I was ordering some 162 Line Pandoras for my wife (who is the same size as your wife). I researched the issue by reading a bunch of reviews and various comments on this forum and on SkiDiva.com. It seemed like most ladies were going up a full size or two with powder skis compared to their everyday skis, especially if there was any early rise/rocker involved. After this research I decided to go with the 162 for my wife.

post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by segbrown View Post


 


Yes.


What She said^^^^^

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraJim View Post

Absolutely. We sell a lot of womens pow skis and the most popular sizes for average sized women is 162-167. So much so in fact that we rarely stock much below 160.

 

SJ


And what he said ^^^^^ 

post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 

 

That’s great feedback everyone, thank you.  I guess it’s162.  Ironically,  I’m also considering the Pandora (same as other poster). I’m just concerned it might be too darn big (115 vs. 106).  

 

Anyone have feedback on both?  Her other ski is a old school Volkl carver. 

 

Thanks!


Andrew

post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoefun View Post

Anyone have feedback on both?  Her other ski is a old school Volkl carver. 

 

You might find some useful info in this thread:

http://www.epicski.com/forum/thread/89164/thoughts-on-pandora-missbehaved-kiku-gotback-geisha-nemesis-and-others-for-a-second-ski


 

post #8 of 9

That link is interesting.....thanks for reminding me,.......I think.......

Wow, After experiencing more of the skis in the thread  and spending some time fondling even more of what's out there, I'd have to second guess even my own advice. 

 

 

 

post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoefun View Post

 

That’s great feedback everyone, thank you.  I guess it’s162.  Ironically,  I’m also considering the Pandora (same as other poster). I’m just concerned it might be too darn big (115 vs. 106).  

 

Anyone have feedback on both?  Her other ski is a old school Volkl carver. 

 

Thanks!


Andrew

With the disclaimer that I have not skied the rockered  Kiku nor the Line Pandora, but I have had plenty of opportunity to fondle and flex both of these skis.  IMHO the Line Pandora has a more forgiving flex and may be a better choice in this category for someone this size. 

I'm quite anxious to get out on them to do a comparison.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Volkl Kiku's - 154 or 162?