Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Would you wear a helmet if only for convenience? Last post on 12/8/11 at 9:37am in Après-Ski
- Giro Tune Ups Accesories Last post on 11/22/11 at 10:21pm in General Skiing Discussion
- OMG I bought a helmet Last post on 11/29/11 at 6:21pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Smith Helmet Helper: Where to get? Last post on 4/20/10 at 11:45am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Best all-around lens in Smith IOX? Last post on 12/25/15 at 5:23pm in Ski Gear Discussion
Marker Protective Snow Equipment
Last edited: 6/10/16
- Helmet Effectiveness ResearchLast edited: 4/25/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Helmet Effectiveness Research
Do you wear a helmet or recommend wearing one while skiing?
Poll Results: Do you wear a helmet when you ski?
75% (102)Yes, of course, safety first.
5% (8)Yes, but I am starting to think its no necessary.
7% (10)No, helmets are for dorks.
11% (16)No, but I should start.
I started beacause of the kids. The whole hypocrite thing. Actually, I like it. My G10 keeps my head warm and I can open the vents if needed. Had to buy new goggles, though. So far, it has protected me from the safety bar a number of times.
In once sense, I think its a good idea. On the other hand, I think if I got killed while skiing, I'd prefer that to the aging effects of time, withering away into enfeebled decrepitness. But thats a whole other existential can of worms.
Purely from a safety standpoint, how many skiers really die of head injuries?
Let me be the first to call flawed!
I wear a helmet, and I believe, as I always have, that it is provides only a marginal safety benefit (though small, I'll still take it), for a noticeable inconvenience cost. It doesn't fold up and fit nicely into my boot bag like my touque does and is one more thing to bring along.
I only wear it to make my mother happy. .
Then: The Utterly Extroverted Show Us Your Helmet Pictures Thread.
You could have just as easily not clicked on this thread and hurt your precious mind with seeing this awful text.... awful awful text crowding up the finite spaces of your memory.
Hey, I was pretty polite. Seriously. DON'T start this discussion on TGR..... (That's another ski forum, in case you've never heard of it.) There are just some topics that have been covered for like 10 years now, too many times. We don't need a NEW THREAD on this.
It's not the fact that they don't wear helmets that get them bashed. It's things they say to rationalize it that gets them bashed. Incidentaly I was wondering when you would chime in on this thread.
OP I consider a helmet to be part of my kit, just as important as gloves, etc. Odds are I won't need it. But i'm not willing to gamble the health of my brain for anything.
yes and yes.
to someone who asked about how many people get killed skiing due to head injuries. . . If it happens in the paper its a statistic, if it happens to someone you know its a tragedy.
kind same theory of when your neighbor loses his job its a recession, when you lose yours it a depression.
hah.....I believe I have been very open about it.
Pffft, no need to be polite. Just jong him, tell him to "Search" next time and include the finger icon
I wear one because I'm already dumb enough and can't afford to damage any more brain cells, even a few. Actually saved the day twice when I got bonked in the parking lot by someone with skis on their shoulder ala the 3 Stooges. I modded it out though
so I would more like Steve McQueen
less like Knute Rockne.
If you have extra cash, go ahead and spend the $ on the helmet, just don't put off spending money on things that will make a bigger safety difference so you can afford the helmet. Prioritize: $ for better headlights, snowtires, goggles, bindings, driving lessons, good footwear and mittens that prevent frostbite, new prescription glasses, new wipers. All of these things and more give you better safety return for your dollar.
- Do you wear a helmet or recommend wearing one while skiing?
- › Bode News 10 minutes ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 26 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 51 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 52 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 53 minutes ago
- › Senior Skiers 55 minutes ago
- › Terrain Based Instruction for Beginners - Is it new? Why is it... 55 minutes ago
- › Advice on building a quiver 58 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › PA/DE/So. NJ 2016/2017 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer