So far, I have two basic groups ... one is places that are more expensive and larger. My plan there would be to get one or more friends to join me for part of the trip and chip in on rent.
The other is for places cheap enough that, while I'd still welcome guests, I wouldn't feel they were necessary to help cover expenses.
- house in Stateline, NV, Internet, four bedrooms, fenced yard, walk to Heavenly gondola, $4k
- condo in Squaw Valley, 2br, short drive to ski area, $2,700
- condo in Taos, NM, Internet, 3br, bus to ski area, $3,200
- cottage in Whitefish, 1br, $1500 or so (varies by precise trip date)
- ? condo in Sandpoint, ID, 2br, short drive to ski area, $1,600 to $3,500 (varies widely by trip date, I'm not sure when the $1,600 price applies)
Figured some would be interested in case they're having the same notion. Thanks for the tips and please let me know any other good tips. Meanwhile, I'm checking with friends to see if they're willing to sign on. fwiw, I am not a fan of South Lake Tahoe/Stateline, that one's only listed because the house is nice for the price.
Edited by FB User (Private) - 8/24/10 at 6:06pm