The real takeaway from this thread is that Joe Bastardi has followers in Riga. At least that's what I think.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicWeathertagged by System, 8/29/10
Related Forum Threads
- 2015-2016 Midwest Season...What's Coming? Last post on 9/21/16 at 8:40am in General Skiing Discussion
- New Weather Page Last post on 4/13/13 at 2:27pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- 2012/2013 Sierra snow rewind Last post on 1/9/13 at 10:38pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Weather is feeling like repeat of last year Last post on 12/18/12 at 3:56pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2011-12: How Bad Was It? Last post on 7/18/12 at 2:46pm in General Skiing Discussion
Northern Hemisphere Snow Statistics Since 1967
Last edited: 12/9/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
2010-2011 Winter Snow Predictions - Page 2
Joe Bastardi is a terrible forecaster, everyone knew last winter was going to be amazing in the Mid-Atlantic.
I think anyone in the PACNW, Northern Rockies, and NNE should be very happy compared to last year. Also snowbelt areas should be happy as well, warm Great Lakes mean more lake effect.
Anyways, if you want to get a good idea I can give y'all some links to some Winter 2010-11 threads, there's some good info in these threads.
General (North America):
Everyone including Joe who correctly forecasted the winter weather...
Here is the 2011 prediction from Joe Bastardi
I like the looks of this for the area I will be skiing...
Nolo, from your lips to God's ears!!
Bring it on!!!
This looks very promising for ESA Stowe
Edited by Trekchick - 8/29/10 at 9:23am
Okay, how about Europe - notaly Zuers/Lech, as well as Courchevel - 21 January - 5 February 2011. Big trip. There used to be an Avalanche Center in Switzerland that did a lot of predictions, but I've not found anything regarding their existence as of late.
It's so true. You never know. I recall about 5 or 6 years ago in Fernie BC it rained all season & there was mud at the top of the mountain (6,000 ft) in February. I was so pissed I almost didn't buy a pass for the next year. That would have been a huge mistake because in the following year it seemed to snow everyday at least a foot. The locals said it was the best skiing in 40 years and I got in 50 days of powder, which is my record. As I recall, neither of these events was predicated by the "experts" who claimed to know.
I'm white too. If I buy firewood (even though I only have a gas fireplace), will that increase the snowfall this year? I'll happily accept donations from other epic skiers to my firewood spending account, so I can keep buying firewood, and ensure that we have a great winter.
Anybody who does not immediately send a $10 firewood contribution will be responsible for a crappy winter. Can you accept the responsibility? Didn't thinks so. Pay up or else.
I found this link, hope its helpful
Snowforecast.com which is a member here, has a site for short term forecasts as well
On another note, the Farmers Almanac has its outlook published.
Wait. I just took a quick glance at that graphic on the Farmers Almanac page...isn't that contradictory to what all the other sources are saying? Mild and wet in the Northwest? I thought it was supposed to be cold and snowy? La Nina and all...
what is funny is how that is way different than the farmers almanac predictions.. and the farmers almanac was not off buy much last year
Drats. Looks like New Mexico's not going to be very good this year. Northern NM and Southern CO were absolutely FANTASTIC last season, while Park City barely had anything of note when I went. I also heard that the Summit County area in CO didn't have much either. I guess the moral of this discussion would be to not book any hotels/flights until we see what's going on, huh? This might be the perfect excuse for me to suck it up (moneywise) and ski the Pacific NW for the first time.
If I understood...
Looks like next Winter will be:
- Colder and with more snow for the Northwest and North central regions;
- Litle warm with regular snowfall to Northeast;
- Severe to Canada (mostly to West side);
- Drier and less cold to South region and a lot dry to California.
If yes: What is yours bets for end of Febuary to North East and West?
Everything is so random these days, a warming climate with record snowy winters. I hear that we are likely to get more extremes. So maybe some bigger storms but with warm spells in the middle of winter, it's what I've got used to hear in Europe. Last winter was fantastic, the whole of Europe was white.
On another note, the Farmers Almanac has its outlook published.
The farmer's alamanc is good for entertainment purposes only. The chicken bones don't lie, but nobody really knows how to read them anymore.
Well, my system that I've used for decades says that the winter in TX will be cold, again, and we'll see snow in Houston for the 3rd time in three years....Hopefully, this time I won't be at work so I can get my pic on XC skis on the golf course in the Chronicle.....if you see a wire service photo of same this winter, you'll know who it is...
We are just getting to the end of our season here in NZ but in the last 2 weeks we've probably had as much snow as the previous 3 months. Care to take a trip downunder recent falls should prolong the season here in the southern hemisphere til end of Oct. in both the north and south islands www.snow.co.nz The added bonus is your US $ gets $1.50NZ??? and get in shape for your 2011 season!
- 2010-2011 Winter Snow Predictions
- › October 2016 Image of the Month Contest 6 minutes ago
- › Big Sky 2016-2017 9 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 11 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 27 minutes ago
- › Kids boot sizing 30 minutes ago
- › Race Boot Recommendations 31 minutes ago
- › Vail to buy Whistler/Blackcomb 39 minutes ago
- › FS: Hestra CZone Alpine Gloves Short size 9 45 minutes ago
- › FS: Giro Balance Goggles 47 minutes ago
- › need help finding a racesuit 53 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer