hi I just got a new pair of volkl gotamas and I was wondering which binding I should choose. I am a expert skier. I was looking at the marker griffon schizo binding because it can move on the ski and I found some that i can get for $275 canadian. I was wondering what people think and which binding's might be cheaper and/or better. please post what you think. thanks
Related Forum Threads
- 10/11 Gotama Review Last post on 7/6/10 at 9:07pm in Member Gear Reviews
- BC Skis ? Last post on 5/6/10 at 11:26am in Backcountry, Telemark, and Cross Country
- Any one ski the Gotama 2010 194 Last post on 3/4/10 at 11:19am in Member Gear Reviews
- Versatile powder ski suggestions Last post on 12/8/09 at 8:34pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Marker Schizo bindings -- Opinons? Last post on 4/29/14 at 9:01am in Ski Gear Discussion
2017 Volkl Confession Review
Last edited: 6/23/16
- 2017 Volkl RTM 86 UVO ReviewLast edited: 8/4/16
- 2017 Volkl Revolt ReviewLast edited: 8/4/16
- Volkl Nanuq ReviewLast edited: 8/4/16
- 2014 Volkl RTM 81 Ski Review from Skiessential.com's Chairlift...Last edited: 8/16/13
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Which binding to get for volkl gotama's 09/10post #1 of 128/11/10 at 11:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 128/12/10 at 5:08am
IMO, the Schizo is a gimmik. Especially on a ski like the goats. It's mainly aimed at people who want to be able to move to center for park and back for everything else, not something I would use the goats for.
Regular Griffons are cheaper, and have less moving parts to break.
I think something like the Peak/Mojo/Deadbolt would be better than both.post #3 of 128/12/10 at 9:32ampost #4 of 128/12/10 at 2:55pmQuote:
100% marketing. Measurements have shown they are no wider than other bindings on the market.post #5 of 128/12/10 at 3:59pmpost #6 of 128/12/10 at 4:46pm
The Makers mounting pattern isn't any wider than any other binding but they are a laterally stiff binding and are very light. They would be my first choice, Look Pivots/Rossi FKS second.post #7 of 128/12/10 at 4:57pm
Put me in the no-Shitzo column as well. All the bindings mentioned are better choices IMO. Peak 15/Jester/Pivot are all good bindings.
If it were me, I would stick with the tried and true 916, but I'm not you.post #8 of 128/12/10 at 5:09pmpost #9 of 128/12/10 at 5:16pmpost #10 of 128/12/10 at 5:43pm
Correct me if I'm wrong - but isn't all the hoopla about which binding is best a bit overrated ? A good binding is a good binding - once your clicked in, if it holds your boot to the ski, releases when it's supposed to, and there's no slop, ramp angles etc are right for you, than what's the big deal ? Unless you're hucking 20ft + cliffs, or skiing "if you fall you die" lines - than yes you better be more selective on your binding. I don't know - I haven't really noticed much difference in my bindings once the skis start moving, other than some look cooler than others ??post #11 of 128/12/10 at 6:52pmpost #12 of 128/12/10 at 10:41pm
I ski the Marker Dukes on my Gotamas, but I wish I had the Marker Baron. The Gotamas are already a heavy ski and I never need my DIN to go to 16. The Barons are only 150 grams lighter, but I'll take anything I can get. Nevertheless, the Dukes have been a great binding and have allowed for light touring, slackcountry, early/late season, etc.
- Which binding to get for volkl gotama's 09/10
- 2017 Volkl RTM 86 UVO Review
- › Alta and/or Snowbird April 2017, will you be there? 7 minutes ago
- › 2018 Kastle skis? 7 minutes ago
- › Binding Brakes / Size - Pivot to Enforcer 100 14 minutes ago
- › Kastle skis -- vastly overrated ! What do you think ? 20 minutes ago
- › I Can't ski powder? 21 minutes ago
- › Mikaela Shiffrin Training 31 minutes ago
- › PSA - Tyrolia Attack 13 Ski Bindings 2017 - $119 39 minutes ago
- › I want to taste the Kastle Kool-Aid but... 46 minutes ago
- › Giant Slalom, 1994 World Technical Skiing Championships 46 minutes ago
- › Opinions sought on Zermaat-Cervinia : How does it compare 49 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview