hi I just got a new pair of volkl gotamas and I was wondering which binding I should choose. I am a expert skier. I was looking at the marker griffon schizo binding because it can move on the ski and I found some that i can get for $275 canadian. I was wondering what people think and which binding's might be cheaper and/or better. please post what you think. thanks
Related Forum Threads
- 10/11 Gotama Review Last post on 7/6/10 at 9:07pm in Member Gear Reviews
- BC Skis ? Last post on 5/6/10 at 11:26am in Backcountry, Telemark, and Cross Country
- Any one ski the Gotama 2010 194 Last post on 3/4/10 at 11:19am in Member Gear Reviews
- Versatile powder ski suggestions Last post on 12/8/09 at 8:34pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Marker Schizo bindings -- Opinons? Last post on 4/29/14 at 9:01am in Ski Gear Discussion
2017 Volkl Confession Review
Last edited: 6/23/16
- 2017 Volkl RTM 86 UVO ReviewLast edited: 8/4/16
- 2017 Volkl Revolt ReviewLast edited: 8/4/16
- Volkl Nanuq ReviewLast edited: 8/4/16
- 2014 Volkl RTM 81 Ski Review from Skiessential.com's Chairlift...Last edited: 8/16/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Which binding to get for volkl gotama's 09/10post #1 of 128/11/10 at 11:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 128/12/10 at 5:08am
IMO, the Schizo is a gimmik. Especially on a ski like the goats. It's mainly aimed at people who want to be able to move to center for park and back for everything else, not something I would use the goats for.
Regular Griffons are cheaper, and have less moving parts to break.
I think something like the Peak/Mojo/Deadbolt would be better than both.post #3 of 128/12/10 at 9:32ampost #4 of 128/12/10 at 2:55pmQuote:
100% marketing. Measurements have shown they are no wider than other bindings on the market.post #5 of 128/12/10 at 3:59pmpost #6 of 128/12/10 at 4:46pm
The Makers mounting pattern isn't any wider than any other binding but they are a laterally stiff binding and are very light. They would be my first choice, Look Pivots/Rossi FKS second.post #7 of 128/12/10 at 4:57pm
Put me in the no-Shitzo column as well. All the bindings mentioned are better choices IMO. Peak 15/Jester/Pivot are all good bindings.
If it were me, I would stick with the tried and true 916, but I'm not you.post #8 of 128/12/10 at 5:09pmpost #9 of 128/12/10 at 5:16pmpost #10 of 128/12/10 at 5:43pm
Correct me if I'm wrong - but isn't all the hoopla about which binding is best a bit overrated ? A good binding is a good binding - once your clicked in, if it holds your boot to the ski, releases when it's supposed to, and there's no slop, ramp angles etc are right for you, than what's the big deal ? Unless you're hucking 20ft + cliffs, or skiing "if you fall you die" lines - than yes you better be more selective on your binding. I don't know - I haven't really noticed much difference in my bindings once the skis start moving, other than some look cooler than others ??post #11 of 128/12/10 at 6:52pmpost #12 of 128/12/10 at 10:41pm
I ski the Marker Dukes on my Gotamas, but I wish I had the Marker Baron. The Gotamas are already a heavy ski and I never need my DIN to go to 16. The Barons are only 150 grams lighter, but I'll take anything I can get. Nevertheless, the Dukes have been a great binding and have allowed for light touring, slackcountry, early/late season, etc.
- Which binding to get for volkl gotama's 09/10
- 2017 Volkl RTM 86 UVO Review
- › GogglePal - anyone test this universal HUD yet? 8 seconds ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Basic entry level poles? 7 minutes ago
- › Kids Group vs Semi-Private Lesson 11 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 14 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 17 minutes ago
- › FS: Stockli Stormrider 88, 177cm, w/Marker Griffon demo bindings, $425 19 minutes ago
- › February: Big White vs Sun Peaks vs SilverStar 21 minutes ago
- › JH vs Keystone 22 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 26 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer