Was just about to pull the trigger on some 188 Rossi S7s when I came across the Armada JJs.
My summary on reading various threads is that you really can't go wrong with either and that the differences are perhaps a little nuanced in that the S7 is heavier and more of a "charger" vs the JJ which is lighter and more of a "jib" ski. I've read several folks saying that the JJ has a long assed tail???
I've away with the impression that the JJ *might* be a better all mountain ski (within the scope of it being a powder ski)
Do I have it about right, or am I in the weeds on my analysis? Would love to hear from folks who have skied both. My bet is that for my profile (below) either would be just fine. Am now leaning towards the JJs as my impression is that they are lighter and quicker edge to edge??
- Decent Advanced skier (not an expert)
- Like powder, trees, tightish lines, moguls (not a zipper line skier)
- Biggest jump I'll go off is about 10ft
- Spend 85% off piste. 15% on piste is mostly in the bumps
- Most of time is in Tahoe (Squaw) with a trip or three to Utah, CO, Whistler
- At Squaw I ski KT, Paulsons Gully, Headwall etc etc
- 6'0" 165lb