So I recently got a pair of Volkl Bridges and I'm now looking for bindings. I am an intermediate-advanced skiier, 5'10, 160lbs. I don't know a whole lot about bindings though. From what I've researched, 90mm is the way to go right? I've head good things about Marker, especially the Jester and the Griffon. Under $200 would be nice, so does anyone know when there are some major sales going on? Any other suggestions or general information I should know? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Binding Question - Last post on 11/9/12 at 4:41am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Do I need bindings with higher din settings Last post on 10/2/12 at 11:59am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Height, Length and DIN Last post on 4/1/13 at 8:35pm in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
- Race plates required? Last post on 5/22/12 at 10:30am in Ski Gear Discussion
- Atomic smoke Interated bindings. Last post on 5/20/12 at 5:05pm in Ski Gear Discussion
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
Bindings for Volkl Bridge?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What do you guys think of these bindings? Would they work decently?
I should add that I'm not looking for anything amazing. I only get to ski maybe 5 times a year, so just something that will perform nice and do its job. I basically do everything on the mountain, though I'll probably head to the park a bit more next season.
Yup, those'll work very well for you. You'll find a lot of fans of Look/Rossi/Dynastar bindings (they're pretty much the same, regardless of how they're branded) around here. All my bindings except my Dukes are Looks, and I've been very happy with them.
Ok great! I got the Dynastars after. Question though: is 100mm to wide for a 92mm waist? I've called a few spots and got differing answers. Some said definitely don't go too narrow, others said to get the 90mm. I guess I could always change the brakes if I had a problem with them...
I haven't got them mounted yet but when I do I'm fairly certain it will be at the middle of the mounting zone (not sure what the name is). I plan to go into the park a bit so I'd like the best of both worlds.
I have been looking at the Look PX12 Jib wide with 100mm brake for some new skis that are 105mm underfoot. Will that size brake work?
What are your thoughts about this binding if I do not plan on doing any park/pipe? Will the 3mm gel/elastomer lift effect the ride in non park conditions in any way?
Edited by B2SKI - 10/29/10 at 7:38pm
- Bindings for Volkl Bridge?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 4 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 13 minutes ago
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 19 minutes ago
- › L3 finally in the books 25 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat 26 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 30 minutes ago
- › 105-110 powder ski that can handle ice 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Tips for keeping your tips up? 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › DPS Cassiar F95 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › First Chair Introductions - Where? How often? Solo or with others? 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Okemo Mountain by TRobertson
- › Big Sky by oldgoat
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview