repost since the old one has dead photo links. Also going to add recommended tire list.
I figure I would write alitte how to with some pictures on this pretty simple task.
so how to do tubeless the "ghetto" way
Stuff you will need
1.your wheels -
2.tires of your choice, UST is nice but you do not need to use UST
3.stans tubeless or any other liquid latex sealer will work
4. x2 20inch Schrader BMX tubes
7. something to cut the 20inch tube
8.a open mind
1.Take the wheels off the bike - duhhh
2. remove your old tube and tire from the wheel
3. clean the wheel off
4. take out the ringlets that make you wheel work with a presta valve, if you wheel is not drilled wide enough for a scrader valve. Take it to a bike shop or drill it yourself if you feel comfortable doing it.
5. streach the 20inch bmx tube around you wheel, this may require a partner.
6.(pictured below) inflate the 20inch bmx tube so you can untwist it and get a centerline. By centerline just follow the rubber seam line.
7.(pictured below) take what ever you want to cut the tube with(i used scissors) and cut all the way around the tube.
after you are all the ways around the wheel streach the remaining tube over the sides, it should look like this.
8.(pictured below) install the tire, making sure to keep the flaps extended on both sides. water could help here as the rubber to contact isnt excactly slippery.
9. take your sealant(I used stans) and put a ample amount in the tires, if you not concerned about weight the more the better. I do this though the sidewall. but if you use schrader like I recommend you can do this later with out breaking the bead.
10. Using a very strong air compressor(auto repair shop should have this) inflate the tire, the high pressure air should set the bead. IF you are having trouble try put water on the tire bead, if your still having trouble find a stronger air compressor. UST tires should mount up with a floor hand pump
this is what the tire will look like afterwards
if you notice there is sealant coming out of the bead this is ok. The sealant will eventually clot and seal the air in.
11. Those flaps of excess tube hanging off the edge it time to get rid of those. Just take the scissors and cut around them making sure to leave some excess there. This isnt a beauty contest and with a little hanging out you will be able to use your "rim strips" again should you decide to change tires
12. repeat for the other wheel and enjoy.
caring for you tubeless wheels
the only thin i have noticed that is weird is that the first fews days the tires will leak air. make sure you keep them filled with air so you dont have to reset your bead.
IMO tubeless ghetto or not is the ONLY way to go on a MTB its is one of those things you do and ride better because of it.