EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Off-Season Sports & The Lighter Side › Cycling › Bike doping? Cancellara's edge?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bike doping? Cancellara's edge?

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
post #2 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post

 

Was Fabian a bad boy?

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nd13ARuvVE&feature=youtu.be

 

UCI will be checking bikes starting with the Tour day France

 

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.99c46f123400d07a2e59375bc0bb6a9d.351&show_article=1


 

no he is spartucus, he was going 29 mph on the attack in Roubaix while the rest of the field was going 25 mph. He used 1200 watts to go that fast for 5 seconds and then 600 to hold it for a couple minutes before going down to roughly 400 watts. 

 

These are well within range of what he can do. The attack on boonen is harder to break down to easy numbers like that and its not easy to get those numbers from the roubaix either but its doable to find the speed they are going and how fast he pulls away from them.

post #3 of 16

Interesting technology. I wonder if lugging all of that around would be worth it for the nitro boost at the moment of truth. How much juice could that battery possibly have.

 

At any rate, unless someone produces Cancellara's bike with that unit installed, I won't believe that he really used it.

post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post

Interesting technology. I wonder if lugging all of that around would be worth it for the nitro boost at the moment of truth. How much juice could that battery possibly have.

 

At any rate, unless someone produces Cancellara's bike with that unit installed, I won't believe that he really used it.



I know....and Flyod was clean in your heart as well......

post #5 of 16

Sorry, I can't help it, I'd like to think people are basically good. Plus, it seems like he'd never be able to keep the secret and I expect the peleton would NOT take it well. IMHO if he did do it, it would be a worse offense than any kind of doping I've ever heard of.

post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post





I know....and Flyod was clean in your heart as well......


basically in your mind if someone wins they must be cheating thats a pretty shitty mindset to have.

 

I you heard how loud the motor was there is noway anyone could get away with this.

post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 

Sorry, but in the pro peloton these days, you're guilty until proven innocent.....

post #8 of 16

Spartacus like anyone else is filthy biologically. But the motor thing is universally scoffed at. Even the Clinic forum over at cycling news has pretty much dismissed it. The only ones who still lend this any credence are complete kooks. Frankly I think the UCI is concentrating on this to try and get people to forget about their other problems.

 

Having a motor in your bike is like carrying you're EPO in the back pocket of your jersey. 

post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post

Sorry, but in the pro peloton these days, you're guilty until proven innocent.....


How many drug tests has Cancellara been subjected to? How many times have his results been outside the acceptable limits? How many times must a rider be proven innocent before he's not guilty? 

 

The idea that he has a motor in his bike is preposterous.

post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by telerod15 View Post




How many drug tests has Cancellara been subjected to? How many times have his results been outside the acceptable limits? How many times must a rider be proven innocent before he's not guilty? 

 

The idea that he has a motor in his bike is preposterous.

 

honestly spartucus is the closest thing to a motor in the pro peleton these days.
 

post #11 of 16



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post

Interesting technology. I wonder if lugging all of that around would be worth it for the nitro boost at the moment of truth. How much juice could that battery possibly have.

 

At any rate, unless someone produces Cancellara's bike with that unit installed, I won't believe that he really used it.


Exactly. A battery that would be capable of generating any significant amount of power would weigh an awful lot, not to mention the weight of the motor itself. Plus it would only be good for fairly short bursts when you take into account the length of one of those stages. For what you would gain from it, the extra weight would far outweigh any benefit that you would get over the long haul, IMO. Besides, Cancellara has always been one of the guys I respected in the peleton, I hate to think that he would take a chance on tarnishing his image at this point in time by doing something as hokie as that.

post #12 of 16

A little electric motor in a BB housing?  Are you kidding me?  

 

A battery does fine power shifting Di2 but that's it for any advantage on a Tour or Classic ride.  Besides, Tom Boonen knows there was no electric tinker toy used as he noted in his 2010 Paris-Robaix post race comments but rather; “Cancellara had a rocket up his arse”.

 

Just watch the [yellow jersey & helmet] of the 2007 TdF Stage 3 winner Cancellara turn on those ass jets beginning at 7 seconds on the upper left side of the video.  Spartacus has it, always has, with Paul and Phil telling us of the big name sprinters Fab is zooming by…so rocket it is

 

post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post



 


Exactly. A battery that would be capable of generating any significant amount of power would weigh an awful lot, not to mention the weight of the motor itself. Plus it would only be good for fairly short bursts when you take into account the length of one of those stages. For what you would gain from it, the extra weight would far outweigh any benefit that you would get over the long haul, IMO. Besides, Cancellara has always been one of the guys I respected in the peleton, I hate to think that he would take a chance on tarnishing his image at this point in time by doing something as hokie as that.



Well since most of the pro bikes have to be ballasted to get up to the UCI minimum weight...what better than a motor ballast

 

 

 

As for "Spartacus" (ridiculous name btw), if something seems to good to be true.....guess what, it probably is!

post #14 of 16

Good reason to ditch the weight limit.

post #15 of 16
Thread Starter 



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by epic View Post

Good reason to ditch the weight limit.



This is a tough issue. I don't have a problem with them moving it down a bit, to a level commonly met by many manufacturers production bikes perhaps. But with some already known carbon failures (and Alu steerers too) I'd be cautious on letting it go too far. Plus the whole F1 type issue with only the teams with the most money potentially benefiting from the lightest bike if the min. goes too far.

 

It's a definite balancing act 


Edited by Rossi Smash - 6/21/10 at 4:22pm
post #16 of 16

Just like in F1, the teams with the money will always find something to spend it on.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cycling
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Off-Season Sports & The Lighter Side › Cycling › Bike doping? Cancellara's edge?