We are a family of 6 (kids age 8, 6, 4, 9 months) and we want to take our first family ski trip during Christmas this year. I will ski some, the wife and kids probably just a little, baby in daycare. Any thoughts or recommendations on the best place for a family trip - here's a few thoughts that might help:
- Would like a nice resort that does the "Chrismas thing" well, but is not ridiculously crowded (if that's possible), but will have decent amount of snow in late December
- Need great daycare and ski school for kids who have never skiied before
- Would like a resort/condo where everything is "right there" at the base of the mountain - daycare, ski school, restaurants, shopping, ice skating, other activites for kids, etc.
- Probably will stick to one location (don't want to drive to many different mountains) so would like it to "have it all"
- Want lots of other things to do for the kids - tubing, ice skating, sleigh rides, snow mobile, etc.
- A nice quaint town with shopping, restuarants, etc. as close to mountain as possible
Does this perfect family ski resort exist? (will be flying out of Atlanta) Thanks in advance!