or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So, what's the plan?

post #1 of 59
Thread Starter 

I need to make reservations in Aspen to get my free room if that's going to happen again.  Any commitment on dates and locales?

 

Mike

post #2 of 59

Mike, we had a meeting a few weeks ago and should have some answers for you soon........very soon.

post #3 of 59

Glad to see you guys are already thinking about the next Snowmass ESA! The Cajun Contingent is definitely planning to return but it depends on timing. My son Clay is willing to entertain us again this year with even more spectacular crash videos, but it will have to be sometime between December 13 and January 16 to accommodate his LSU winter break schedule.  If there is an ESA event during that time frame, at least four of us are ready to sign up.

 

BTW Trekchik, are your skis finally in storage? Or does that every happen?

post #4 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by blandry View Post

 

 

BTW Trekchik, are your skis finally in storage? Or does that every happen?


Well,..........they're in summer storage, but always ready to be pulled out for a quick jaunt to somewhere snowy!

post #5 of 59
Yea I am looking forward to seeing everyone again
post #6 of 59

GW we missed you last year, in a Big Big way!

You too Ragin!

post #7 of 59



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

GW we missed you last year, in a Big Big way!

You too Ragin!



Looking forward to the up-coming season.  GW aka Bayou Boy and ragin' didn't get a chance to ski together last year so we decided to double our trips this year.  Trek, ya sure you want all dem Louisiana guys up on the mountain at the same time?   If everyone from down here makes it this year we might have to change the name to Louisiana Ski Academy!

post #8 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragin' cajun' View Post

  If everyone from down here makes it this year we might have to change the name to Louisiana Ski Academy!


You bring some of 'dat cajun food that you were talking about in BS a couple years ago, and I'll vote to change the name to whatever you want. :)

post #9 of 59
Thread Starter 

Bumping this to see if any decisions have been made about location and dates of ESA.

 

Mike

post #10 of 59

It just so happens that some of the loose ends have been tied up, conference calls have been made and things will be dialed in soon.

 

I promise 

post #11 of 59

Why am I looking at this in July ?  Summer hasn't arrived here yet and it is only 4 months to our lst snow.  Gad does it get any better than that?  Rained today - again.

 

However nice to see I am not the only addict.

post #12 of 59

Pete -- it's past the 22nd/21st of June -- that means we're officially on our way back to winter...

 

/ignores the 100 degree temps today.

post #13 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleph Null View Post

Pete -- it's past the 22nd/21st of June -- that means we're officially on our way back to winter...

 

/ignores the 100 degree temps today.


Yep, you got it.  Went down this morning and stood in my ski room for about 5 minutes just soaking up some ..........................

 

Our highest temperature so far is 80 degrees but weatherman says up to 90 this weekend.  Also wrote a lengthy article on all the snow we are going to get this coming winer - La Nina is gone baby.  Yea  !!!!
 

post #14 of 59

I'm glad to hear the Cajuns are planning on attending.  It's fun to ski, party, and dine with foreigners. 

post #15 of 59
Thread Starter 

Hey, folk, I appreciate these things take a bit of time, but I'm not sure I can come if my spouse doesn't get her free room at the St. Regis and the spa treatments she covets.  Any progress on the schedule/location thingamaboob doohickey?

 

Mike

post #16 of 59



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveE View Post

I'm glad to hear the Cajuns are planning on attending.  It's fun to ski, party, and dine with foreigners. 



Of course ya speakin' of those Yankee guys and gals from up north?  They do speak a little funny don't they!  How dem mosquitoes doin this summer in FL???   Got some oil yet?

post #17 of 59

It would be great if this could be set up sometime before christmas.  I could not make it if it was after Jan.3.  Any chance of a pre-christmas ESA?

post #18 of 59

There is one in Stowe, VT mid December each year.

post #19 of 59

Bbinder is correct.  There is a two day event the second weekend of December, fondly referred to as the Easter tune up ESA Stowe.

The week prior to that, there is a similar event at Abasin, then the 4 day event late in January at Aspen Snowmass.

 

You have options, eh?

 

Dates will be posted soon.  We're waiting for some final details from one of the resorts. 

post #20 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

Bbinder is correct.  There is a two day event the second weekend of December, fondly referred to as the Eastern tune up ESA Stowe.

The week prior to that, there is a similar event at Abasin, then the 4 day event late in January at Aspen Snowmass.

 

You have options, eh?

 

Dates will be posted soon.  We're waiting for some final details from one of the resorts. 


fixed it for ya, TC!
 

post #21 of 59

Looking at making the clinic this year on an official status- instead of crashing the party... I think Greg's gonna make it too.  Trying to hit a few days of powder cat skiing in BC January 13-17.... Hopefully the dates and stars allign to make it happen. This clinic is an outstanding week.  Frankly I don't know of  another clinic out there that can match the lineup of instructors at any price.  Terry's evening tuning instruction and other educational information is top-notch.

post #22 of 59
Ok guys I have been from yellowstone to colorado springs I am gettin ski fever seein all this cenery how we comming on dates TC

I missed all you guys too I went at the end of jan but it wasn't the same
post #23 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragin' cajun' View Post



 



Of course ya speakin' of those Yankee guys and gals from up north?  They do speak a little funny don't they!  How dem mosquitoes doin this summer in FL???   Got some oil yet?

Yeah, right.  NOT.  Skeeters are not too bad.  Neither is the oil.  We have some but not too bad.  However, it is affecting the tourist industry, and probably will for a significant time.  Luckily we are in the military industry.  How is Crash Cajun doing?
 

post #24 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

Bbinder is correct.  There is a two day event the second weekend of December, fondly referred to as the Easter tune up ESA Stowe.

The week prior to that, there is a similar event at Abasin, then the 4 day event late in January at Aspen Snowmass.

 

You have options, eh?

 

Dates will be posted soon.  We're waiting for some final details from one of the resorts. 

No Big Sky this year? 
 

post #25 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

Bbinder is correct.  There is a two day event the second weekend of December, fondly referred to as the Easter tune up ESA Stowe.

The week prior to that, there is a similar event at Abasin, then the 4 day event late in January at Aspen Snowmass.

 

You have options, eh?

 

Dates will be posted soon.  We're waiting for some final details from one of the resorts. 


How late in January TC? Like I said in an earlier post, if the Snowmass event is before January 16, I can just about guarantee that at least 4 of the cajun contingent will show up.
 

post #26 of 59

Well........I'm sorta kinda like the social director.  As soon as the Captain tells me the i's are dotted and t's are crossed, I'll let you know what I know.  The thing is.........dang these ski resorts are hard to nail down when the snow melts.

 

 

I promise.........I'll have some direction soon!

post #27 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

 

 

 

I promise.........I'll have some direction soon!



I see you're into oxymoron statements, Treschic......

post #28 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finndog View Post

Looking at making the clinic this year on an official status- instead of crashing the party... I think Greg's gonna make it too.  Trying to hit a few days of powder cat skiing in BC January 13-17.... Hopefully the dates and stars allign to make it happen. This clinic is an outstanding week.  Frankly I don't know of  another clinic out there that can match the lineup of instructors at any price.  Terry's evening tuning instruction and other educational information is top-notch.


  Where you going in BC.  Past History?  Cost?  Trying to decide where to go this year - on my Bucket List.
 

post #29 of 59

wildhorse up in the triangle. Some friends I met in chile go there every year. Small outfit, 2 cats. Lots of pow.

 

http://www.kootenayexperience.com/catskiing.htm 

post #30 of 59
Looking forward to an epic ski season! And no, you aren't the only person jonesing in July for some snow and some steeps!!! Keep us posted on the dates for the academy!!!! It sounds like a blast!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Epicski Academy