New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mayuary rocks

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Over 2' of new so far this week. Currently 25 degrees at 4000'. The base is now 190". This will be my last over the head powder day of the season. I really mean it this time.

So, who's in? Tomorrow 0600 at the heather meadows parking lot. All of you golfers and summer wannabe whiners, git your butts in airline seats, because tomorrow could be the best day of your season.
post #2 of 18
I'm almost positive that Mt.Bachelor had the best day of the season. That's the buzz on the chair. I wanted to thank those Japanese fellows for hitting me in the head with the bar first ride up. They are a sneeky bunch.
post #3 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by iWill View Post

Over 2' of new so far this week. Currently 25 degrees at 4000'. The base is now 190". This will be my last over the head powder day of the season. I really mean it this time.

So, who's in? Tomorrow 0600 at the heather meadows parking lot. All of you golfers and summer wannabe whiners, git your butts in airline seats, because tomorrow could be the best day of your season.

 


Where's the TR? Inquiring minds want to know. 

 

BTW, The fact that all of the WA Cascade areas are closed is making me crazy. They could so be spinning those lifts... At least in my neck of the woods. SIgh.

post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider View Post
I wanted to thank those Japanese fellows for hitting me in the head with the bar first ride up. They are a sneeky bunch.


I won't ski at Big Sky without a helmet mainly because of the tourists bopping people with their shouldered skis or pulling the bar down without warning.

post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 

Had to solo it; so here's a few scenics for those of you in the warmer lands.

 

DSC02123.JPG

 

 

DSC02143.JPG

 

DSC02129.JPG

post #6 of 18

Like that second shot iWill,keep on skinning .Last week for Bachelor. Fast and firm in the AM and butter by 11. Got a 61+mph on the groomers first thing then Summit till BBQ/beer thirty. I'll get some shots up later.

post #7 of 18

Very nice.

post #8 of 18

So, did you stay inside the ski area?  How far did you go?  All of those pics are from the bottom so enquiring minds want to know.

post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post




Where's the TR? Inquiring minds want to know. 

 

BTW, The fact that all of the WA Cascade areas are closed is making me crazy. They could so be spinning those lifts... At least in my neck of the woods. SIgh.

Yup, same problem in Tahoe.  Just broke up the last snowbank in the yard on Sunday them we got another 6-8inches at lake level Monday, tuesday!!
 

post #10 of 18

Randy a free mountain man.

USTAR_002.jpg

Later the yard sale.

carambolage... 004.jpg

Making fun of someone else misfortune. Yeah I'm a s%#4!

OOOPS.jpg

I have been befriend by a European ski guide which took me under his wing, A rich and rewarding experience for my skiing. One of my dreams may come true. Skiing the Alps.

post #11 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post

So, did you stay inside the ski area?  How far did you go?  All of those pics are from the bottom so enquiring minds want to know.


I've been up 4 times this month so far. 2 of those trips were pan dome, due to the amount of new snow and suspicion of poor bonding.

 

This trip started with a lap on pan (powder valley to chicken out) to assess conditions. Things seemed very stable so I cut straight to the gate from there and headed out to 10 minute trees for 2 laps there.

 

Two days ago I went out to Huntoon for 2 laps down into swift creek, then back up and over to drop down the Haulinback on the bagley side. Last lap was back to 5 minute trees. Forgot the camera on that one.

 

Snow is currently between slush and corn in texture, Daytime temps have been ranging in the upper 50's but the base at heather meadows is still in the 150" range. The area is doing maintenance at the top of 1, so they're keeping the road groomed. The Ski to Sea track is currently groomed as well.

 

Not that many people hitting it. A few each day, but I can still see my tracks from the last storm day.

 

Got an itch to hit Rainier on Saturday...

post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 

Snowing again today. I know, I know, I said no more powder days this season...but it should be knee deep by tomorrow.

post #13 of 18

Jealous! These are some great pics.

post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by iWill View Post

Snowing again today. I know, I know, I said no more powder days this season...but it should be knee deep by tomorrow.


And more by Sat... Could be pretty sloppy. Any sense of slide issues?

 

The cams & forecast at Stevens Pass today were just killing me... The fact that no lifts are spinning - doubly so.

post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 

Hard to say. The bonding to the rotten surface snow  can't be ideal, but I've been finding the last few storms were holding well enough.

 

I'll dig a pit in the AM and see how she looks.

post #16 of 18
Thread Starter 

Last call. Anyone in?

post #17 of 18

Super tempting - but tomorrow is bookended in the AM & PM for me down here. Have fun!

 

Of course if I ever do join you, you will be in the presence of dual world title holder for slowest skinner and slowest bootpacker. Plan accordingly.  Forewarned is forearmed, as they say... 

post #18 of 18

Hitting Timberline next week,calling for over 7" today.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home