Not sure if this is the right place to start this thread, so moderators, please move if necessary.
I'm looking into buying a vacation home or condo in Southern Vermont. I've just started my search and am looking to EpicSki to see if anyone can help point me in the right direction.
1. I really like the Stratton/Bromely/Manchester area. I've searched on the internet and found tons of houses in Winhill and Jamaica which fit within my budget.
2. I would also consider a condo, but it would have to be rather large (3+ bedrooms, 2+ bathrooms) and I've seen that the Stratton condos are very expensive in comparison to what you can get a large house for.
3. Does anyone have any recommendations on real estate agents and real estate lawyers in that area?
4. Any other areas I should be considering?
5. I'd be looking to rent it out some, mainly to cover my annual expenses (real estate taxes, maintainence (lawn care, snow plowing), and utilities). VRBO.com seems to be a great resource for this.
6. I would want something newer (built within last 10 years) to mitigate the potential for major repairs.
Just looking for some direction. I plan on spending memorial day weekend and a couple more weekends in June to do some hands on searching.