Related Forum Threads
- North American skiing after Memorial Day? Last post on 6/6/16 at 10:41am in General Skiing Discussion
- Banff or A-basin in Late April/Early May!! Last post on 5/3/16 at 3:11pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Is there a good place to learn to ski in May? Last post on 3/17/14 at 11:21pm in General Skiing Discussion
- April week w/kids: Vail-Beaver Creek & Summit County vs Aspen-Snowmass vs Alta-Snowbird, A... Last post on 4/21/14 at 11:34am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Memorial Day Weekend -- Who's Still Skiing? Last post on 7/7/13 at 5:47pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 1/5/16
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
- Spring Snow Base PreparationLast edited: 4/24/11
Flumserberg is a nice day trip ski resort about an hour train ride from Zurich (or drive). I skied here as a midweek season pass holder for a couple of seasons. Midweek it has small lift lines,...
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
TR: Arapahoe Basin - Epic RoundUp - May 7-10th - Page 8post #211 of 2555/12/10 at 8:18am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #212 of 2555/12/10 at 8:24ampost #213 of 2555/12/10 at 8:32amThread Starterpost #214 of 2555/12/10 at 9:12amQuote:
I was in good company all weekend, too!post #215 of 2555/12/10 at 9:30ampost #216 of 2555/12/10 at 9:55ampost #217 of 2555/12/10 at 10:49ampost #218 of 2555/12/10 at 11:39amThread Starterpost #219 of 2555/12/10 at 11:58ampost #220 of 2555/12/10 at 12:31pmThread Starterpost #221 of 2555/12/10 at 12:37pmpost #222 of 2555/12/10 at 12:38pmpost #223 of 2555/13/10 at 6:19ampost #224 of 2555/13/10 at 6:21ampost #225 of 2555/13/10 at 7:26ampost #226 of 2555/13/10 at 7:28am
WAIT! You meand he DIDN"T pilot your plane?
post #227 of 2555/13/10 at 9:40ampost #228 of 2555/13/10 at 2:13pmpost #229 of 2555/13/10 at 2:57pmpost #230 of 2555/13/10 at 2:59pmpost #231 of 2555/13/10 at 3:01pmQuote:
Lets get together when I get back from Tahoe. We need some beers.post #232 of 2555/13/10 at 3:11pmQuote:
Agreed. Too much bad vibes for my mojo last Sat. I'll bring the "peace hat".post #233 of 2555/13/10 at 3:47pmQuote:
I had cleared my schedule for today, but blah. So I stayed home and planned a trip to the beach (the real beach, not the Abasin beach) instead.post #234 of 2555/14/10 at 5:07am
AAAAAH! 6 new eeenches of shneeee! <And I can't get there cuz I'm stuck in Fairplay with a dead battery> MY LIFE SUCKS RIGHT NOW! First year in a long time where I keep going skiing after the "ski areas" have closed..... and the conditions are BETTER each time. I'm fixing this &%#@ car right meow and going skiing....
Spagpost #235 of 2555/14/10 at 6:41amQuote:
Have you considered decaf?post #236 of 2555/14/10 at 6:59ampost #237 of 2555/14/10 at 1:36pm
Was up yesterday with 4 inches on top of soft snow. It skied well even though you hit the crud underneath. they had all the east wall open - Corner Chutes, Willies WIde and the North Pole. Pali had soft bumps by mid-day. Took a short video thininkg I was taknig a pic with my phone. Will try to post a couple shots of the tracks that were being made. It snowed another 4 inches ovenight - so A-basin got 10 inches from the storm - still less then the fromtrange recieved. Skiing fresh snow on May 13th anf 14th - it's good no matter how heavy it is.post #238 of 2555/15/10 at 6:48amThread StarterQuote:
I'd hit that! SkiSpag, how much vert can you give us?
Quote:Originally Posted by bumpdad
Was up yesterday with 4 inches on top of soft snow. It skied well even though you hit the crud underneath. they had all the east wall open - Corner Chutes, Willies WIde and the North Pole. Pali had soft bumps by mid-day. Took a short video thininkg I was taknig a pic with my phone. Will try to post a couple shots of the tracks that were being made. It snowed another 4 inches ovenight - so A-basin got 10 inches from the storm - still less then the fromtrange recieved. Skiing fresh snow on May 13th anf 14th - it's good no matter how heavy it is.
I'm sooooo jealous... Go get some for me!post #239 of 2555/15/10 at 5:26pm
I could maybe "Wrangle" up some pull-behinds into a killer booter (Pretty flat landing) with the jeep!!!! Who's in?
And yes.... I tried decaf. It didn't take. I then resorted to putting hot chocco mix in with the leaded coffee (Snowmaker's call it a "speed ball". Nothing like the real thing i'm told.) And then somebody invented RockStar Energy Drink. Life is no longer crap.
OH! The skiing didn't happen the other day! Right when I got the battery up, I got called into work. Life is cruel sometimes. So, So Cruel.
Spagpost #240 of 2555/18/10 at 6:43am
I would like to thank the Epic gang for the incentive to get out and ski the spring conditions at A-Basin. The momentum got me out yesterday, a glorious, mostly sunny day. I stopped at a potential client's office in Dillon, dropped off used oil at the land fill and topped off my Camelback at the spring before arriving at the lower lot (about 60%) full at 11:00am. I booted up and rode the Pali lift.
Looking over Pali Main Street towards Dillon
Looks nice, but it wasn't until 1:30
Coverage was pretty good due in part to the 10 - 12 inches over the end of last week. No one was making the East Wall look like it was worth hiking for turns. I took a lot of turns on either side of the Lenawee chair. 3 - 4 inches of nice wet snow had loosened up and was very pleasant. Not corn yet, but pushable stiff snow.
I eventually skied down Exo and went back to Pali and took a run down Roller Coaster and down under the Pali lift. It was beginning to cloud up and the snow hadn't softened quite enough on this aspect. I like the long, straight, steep, fall line but it wasn't warm enough to make it really plush, although it was decent skiing.
The beach was in full weekday mode; laid back parties with the mandatory Reggae, canopies and grills. I enjoyed a couple of cool beers I found in my storage box and went back to work.
As you can see, the lower front still has good coverage.
Unoffically, Patrol was out probing the skier's left of Main Street, easily poking down 4 - 5 feet. Apparently they think the Pali area will be open at least another week.
- TR: Arapahoe Basin - Epic RoundUp - May 7-10th
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A Pictorial
- › Jacket Recommendation 2 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 6 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 14 minutes ago
- › How can I help her? 19 minutes ago
- › Boot alignment Poll 31 minutes ago
- › Resource list discussion thread 1 - books. 36 minutes ago
- › Taos Ski Valley 2016-2017 Ski, Stoke, Weather 38 minutes ago
- › Lange RS 2017 boots 41 minutes ago
- › Arcteryx vs Patagonia 45 minutes ago
- › Ski Repair/Tune Advice 57 minutes ago
- › Flumserberg by willyofoz
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › 2017 K2 iKonic 85 Ti Review
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues