Related Forum Threads
- Advice for April Skiing this Year? Last post on 3/3/17 at 8:11am in General Skiing Discussion
- North American skiing after Memorial Day? Last post on 6/6/16 at 10:41am in General Skiing Discussion
- Banff or A-basin in Late April/Early May!! Last post on 5/3/16 at 3:11pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Is there a good place to learn to ski in May? Last post on 3/17/14 at 11:21pm in General Skiing Discussion
- April week w/kids: Vail-Beaver Creek & Summit County vs Aspen-Snowmass vs Alta-Snowbird, A... Last post on 4/21/14 at 11:34am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 1/5/16
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
- Spring Snow Base PreparationLast edited: 4/24/11
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
TR: Arapahoe Basin - Epic RoundUp - May 7-10th - Page 8post #211 of 2555/12/10 at 8:18am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #212 of 2555/12/10 at 8:24ampost #213 of 2555/12/10 at 8:32amThread Starterpost #214 of 2555/12/10 at 9:12amQuote:
I was in good company all weekend, too!post #215 of 2555/12/10 at 9:30ampost #216 of 2555/12/10 at 9:55ampost #217 of 2555/12/10 at 10:49ampost #218 of 2555/12/10 at 11:39amThread Starterpost #219 of 2555/12/10 at 11:58ampost #220 of 2555/12/10 at 12:31pmThread Starterpost #221 of 2555/12/10 at 12:37pmpost #222 of 2555/12/10 at 12:38pmpost #223 of 2555/13/10 at 6:19ampost #224 of 2555/13/10 at 6:21ampost #225 of 2555/13/10 at 7:26ampost #226 of 2555/13/10 at 7:28am
WAIT! You meand he DIDN"T pilot your plane?
post #227 of 2555/13/10 at 9:40ampost #228 of 2555/13/10 at 2:13pmpost #229 of 2555/13/10 at 2:57pmpost #230 of 2555/13/10 at 2:59pmpost #231 of 2555/13/10 at 3:01pmQuote:
Lets get together when I get back from Tahoe. We need some beers.post #232 of 2555/13/10 at 3:11pmQuote:
Agreed. Too much bad vibes for my mojo last Sat. I'll bring the "peace hat".post #233 of 2555/13/10 at 3:47pmQuote:
I had cleared my schedule for today, but blah. So I stayed home and planned a trip to the beach (the real beach, not the Abasin beach) instead.post #234 of 2555/14/10 at 5:07am
AAAAAH! 6 new eeenches of shneeee! <And I can't get there cuz I'm stuck in Fairplay with a dead battery> MY LIFE SUCKS RIGHT NOW! First year in a long time where I keep going skiing after the "ski areas" have closed..... and the conditions are BETTER each time. I'm fixing this &%#@ car right meow and going skiing....
Spagpost #235 of 2555/14/10 at 6:41amQuote:
Have you considered decaf?post #236 of 2555/14/10 at 6:59ampost #237 of 2555/14/10 at 1:36pm
Was up yesterday with 4 inches on top of soft snow. It skied well even though you hit the crud underneath. they had all the east wall open - Corner Chutes, Willies WIde and the North Pole. Pali had soft bumps by mid-day. Took a short video thininkg I was taknig a pic with my phone. Will try to post a couple shots of the tracks that were being made. It snowed another 4 inches ovenight - so A-basin got 10 inches from the storm - still less then the fromtrange recieved. Skiing fresh snow on May 13th anf 14th - it's good no matter how heavy it is.post #238 of 2555/15/10 at 6:48amThread StarterQuote:
I'd hit that! SkiSpag, how much vert can you give us?
Quote:Originally Posted by bumpdad
Was up yesterday with 4 inches on top of soft snow. It skied well even though you hit the crud underneath. they had all the east wall open - Corner Chutes, Willies WIde and the North Pole. Pali had soft bumps by mid-day. Took a short video thininkg I was taknig a pic with my phone. Will try to post a couple shots of the tracks that were being made. It snowed another 4 inches ovenight - so A-basin got 10 inches from the storm - still less then the fromtrange recieved. Skiing fresh snow on May 13th anf 14th - it's good no matter how heavy it is.
I'm sooooo jealous... Go get some for me!post #239 of 2555/15/10 at 5:26pm
I could maybe "Wrangle" up some pull-behinds into a killer booter (Pretty flat landing) with the jeep!!!! Who's in?
And yes.... I tried decaf. It didn't take. I then resorted to putting hot chocco mix in with the leaded coffee (Snowmaker's call it a "speed ball". Nothing like the real thing i'm told.) And then somebody invented RockStar Energy Drink. Life is no longer crap.
OH! The skiing didn't happen the other day! Right when I got the battery up, I got called into work. Life is cruel sometimes. So, So Cruel.
Spagpost #240 of 2555/18/10 at 6:43am
I would like to thank the Epic gang for the incentive to get out and ski the spring conditions at A-Basin. The momentum got me out yesterday, a glorious, mostly sunny day. I stopped at a potential client's office in Dillon, dropped off used oil at the land fill and topped off my Camelback at the spring before arriving at the lower lot (about 60%) full at 11:00am. I booted up and rode the Pali lift.
Looking over Pali Main Street towards Dillon
Looks nice, but it wasn't until 1:30
Coverage was pretty good due in part to the 10 - 12 inches over the end of last week. No one was making the East Wall look like it was worth hiking for turns. I took a lot of turns on either side of the Lenawee chair. 3 - 4 inches of nice wet snow had loosened up and was very pleasant. Not corn yet, but pushable stiff snow.
I eventually skied down Exo and went back to Pali and took a run down Roller Coaster and down under the Pali lift. It was beginning to cloud up and the snow hadn't softened quite enough on this aspect. I like the long, straight, steep, fall line but it wasn't warm enough to make it really plush, although it was decent skiing.
The beach was in full weekday mode; laid back parties with the mandatory Reggae, canopies and grills. I enjoyed a couple of cool beers I found in my storage box and went back to work.
As you can see, the lower front still has good coverage.
Unoffically, Patrol was out probing the skier's left of Main Street, easily poking down 4 - 5 feet. Apparently they think the Pali area will be open at least another week.
- TR: Arapahoe Basin - Epic RoundUp - May 7-10th
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A Pictorial
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 1 minute ago
- › FS: Brand New Sweet Protection Trooper MIPS Helmet. Size L/XL 18 minutes ago
- › Inside leg issue and other concerns. 20 minutes ago
- › How is it that every fresh snow fall is greeted as "A POWDER DAY"? 27 minutes ago
- › Enforcer 93 Length query 37 minutes ago
- › Alba Adventures - Video Trip Report Thread 40 minutes ago
- › Not sure if my liner is packed out, boot's flex too soft, or I'm... 52 minutes ago
- › Alta and/or Snowbird April 2017, will you be there? 1 hour ago
- › MA my bump skiing 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Bump turn on flats 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview