LOL, we should have quit while we were ahead. Today wasn't even "good for you" conditions. I will say Rachel and Tog were troopers and actually stayed out, they are much more "core" than TC or myself.
Related Forum Threads
- North American skiing after Memorial Day? Last post on 6/6/16 at 10:41am in General Skiing Discussion
- Banff or A-basin in Late April/Early May!! Last post on 5/3/16 at 3:11pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Is there a good place to learn to ski in May? Last post on 3/17/14 at 11:21pm in General Skiing Discussion
- April week w/kids: Vail-Beaver Creek & Summit County vs Aspen-Snowmass vs Alta-Snowbird, A... Last post on 4/21/14 at 11:34am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Memorial Day Weekend -- Who's Still Skiing? Last post on 7/7/13 at 5:47pm in General Skiing Discussion
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A PictorialLast edited: 1/5/16
- Colorado Spring Skiing: Don't Fear the AprilLast edited: 6/1/13
- In Praise of the Anti-ResortsLast edited: 5/28/13
- Spring Snow Base PreparationLast edited: 4/24/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
TR: Arapahoe Basin - Epic RoundUp - May 7-10th - Page 7post #181 of 2555/10/10 at 2:03pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #182 of 2555/10/10 at 2:03pmpost #183 of 2555/10/10 at 2:21pmQuote:
Hell yeah. For a second there I was all like "Is this really EpicSki? I mean there's actually pix of people skiing not just standing around at the top of the lift." Good show for finally posting some action (versus inaction) pix! Boo yaa!
Good day on Fri, that's for sure. Seg led us to some nice snow on East Wall and as she mentioned a few pages back, I hit it at the end of the day with Rachel and it was full-on Chalka Khan, plus she and I scored next-to-last chair on Lennawea (sp?). Before the end 'o days EW hustle I had some nice late afternoon runs off Pali with Seg, Rachel, Cgeib, Double-D (Don), and James (not sure what his avatar alias is); firm, but manageable bumps.
Sat was solid, too, but there were too many people for me to hob-knob with so I didn't ski with the group. That said I did hike to North Pole and the chutes were Pink Floyd+The O'Jays (i.e. money, money, and more money).
Spent Sunday driving back to SLT with Bklyn and then to Tahoe, where it is currently snowing (and has been all day + chain control over the Donner Summit...yet another Boo Yaa!).post #184 of 2555/10/10 at 2:54pm
Great shots Bob --
Looks like you had a fun group, and I wish I coulda made it. I'm buying a house, so I shut down my ski spending a bit early this year, and that looks like it was a dumb idea.
Maybe I'll be squared away to join y'all next may, because that looked like too much fun.post #185 of 2555/10/10 at 3:18pmQuote:
Say dookey…when do we see the Boo yaa pictures you took…
post #186 of 2555/10/10 at 7:43pmpost #187 of 2555/10/10 at 7:46pmpost #188 of 2555/10/10 at 7:50pmpost #189 of 2555/10/10 at 7:52pmpost #190 of 2555/11/10 at 5:05am
I'm back at work this morning.... boo! Only one good thing about being home - -- I CAN BREATHE! Yeah for oxygen! Seriously though. I had an amazing trip. Thanks to all for good skiing and good friends. Looking forward to next year already.post #191 of 2555/11/10 at 5:44amThread Starterpost #192 of 2555/11/10 at 8:15ampost #193 of 2555/11/10 at 8:48ampost #194 of 2555/11/10 at 9:26am
Work schmerk. When i was gone they assigned me the dog job of doing database validation on an system architecture database. WHOOHHOOOO! Well, the truth is, they would have given me that task anyway and I got to spend some time on the snow.
Finn, you know you were missedQuote:Getting ready to depart Frisco. How about, the same time next year? Whadda say?
Uh lemme think about it here - duh :)
post #195 of 2555/11/10 at 9:30am
I was too busy shredding the gnar to take pix (such as snagging 4th chair on Molly Hogan Sat. morning).
Besides, I take pix with my mind, plus Mr. Vert snagged some keepers (totally dig his droll captions and am saddened that i missed out riding with him on Sun).
Honestly, my only regret from the trip was not demoing the Floski...
dumped 8" - a foot yesterday in Tahoe and forced me to get stuck in a 3 hour gridlock trying to leave town to return to SF. yesterday woulda been the day for a little resort area slackcountry (today, too, as it's currently bluebird).
post #196 of 2555/11/10 at 10:01ampost #197 of 2555/11/10 at 10:48am
Sorry I missed everyone last weekend. Looks like you guys had a blast. I'll definitely have to take a rain check and meet up with you guys at some point next year!
In the meantime, are any of you still making turns?post #198 of 2555/11/10 at 6:18pmpost #199 of 2555/11/10 at 9:13pm
"A much stronger storm approaches Tuesday. That storm slams strong southwest flow into Colorado mid-day Tuesday. Temperatures will drop Tuesday afternoon into the mid-20s. Snowfall will start early afternoon, and be heaviest Tuesday night. The deepest accumulations of snow will be north of the I-70 corridor, with a foot or two of snow possible by Wednesday morning. Most other mountain locations will see accumulations around 6 inches. Snowfall will continue through Wednesday"post #200 of 2555/11/10 at 9:40pmpost #201 of 2555/12/10 at 6:33am
I am not listening...... I say this as I am about to go to FL (disney) for a conference..... I would much rather be at natures disney...
Quote:Originally Posted by dp
"A much stronger storm approaches Tuesday. That storm slams strong southwest flow into Colorado mid-day Tuesday. Temperatures will drop Tuesday afternoon into the mid-20s. Snowfall will start early afternoon, and be heaviest Tuesday night. The deepest accumulations of snow will be north of the I-70 corridor, with a foot or two of snow possible by Wednesday morning. Most other mountain locations will see accumulations around 6 inches. Snowfall will continue through Wednesday"post #202 of 2555/12/10 at 6:38amQuote:
Well, there IS Blizzard Beachpost #203 of 2555/12/10 at 6:56ampost #204 of 2555/12/10 at 6:59ampost #205 of 2555/12/10 at 7:13ampost #206 of 2555/12/10 at 7:14ampost #207 of 2555/12/10 at 7:48ampost #208 of 2555/12/10 at 7:58amThread Starterpost #209 of 2555/12/10 at 7:58am
my problem too :)post #210 of 2555/12/10 at 8:00am
Hey, remember, I a "Phil of Surprises"...I could be posting this right now over a cup of coffee at the A-Basin base lodge, since I came in to take a break from the "edge deep pow" that is piling up at the flake a minute rate.
- TR: Arapahoe Basin - Epic RoundUp - May 7-10th
- Arapahoe Basin, CO - A Pictorial
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 4 minutes ago
- › how to adjust Marker Titanium SC bindings? 7 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 26 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 33 minutes ago
- › Kids boot sizing 47 minutes ago
- › Boutique Vs Big Brands: Which do you prefer? 48 minutes ago
- › Dalbello/Intuition problem 53 minutes ago
- › Summer is over......Back to Epic..... 54 minutes ago
- › Best Budget Skiing in North America? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › March trip to Europe from NYC. Chamonix? St. Anton? Other 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer