Just wanted some opinions from round the world on some ski off runs performed this March at a pre course in Silver Star British Columbia. I am 22 years old and I am a current CSIA level 3, CSIA Level 1 Evaluator and CSCF Entry level coach...
I'm really just looking for some ideas as to where to go from here and anything that i should work on
Linked and efficient parallel turns execute at high speed on groomed advanced (black) terrain
• Demonstrates the technical principles as defined in Intermediate Parallel at expert speed;
• Executes fluid and linked movements carrying momentum from phase 3 to phase 1;
• Balances on edges in phase 2 to create early steering and direction change;
• Controls and directs the energy of ski reaction to maximize gliding on the edges.
NB: This is more of a medium turn and not at high speed, but it's the only video I have close to this kind of skiing.
Bumps – Free Run
Ski in control and with good technique in expert varied terrain (black terrain).
• Adjusts the stance to terrain and snow conditions;
• Shows the ability to adapt lines and turn shapes to a variety of terrain;
• Adjusts movements in anticipation of terrain features;
• Uses terrain contours to increase ski performance;
• Shows expert pressure control, maintaining contact and/or using terrain to create re-bound, as desired.
Demonstrate expert ski performance and steering skills in a 6-7 meter corridor run in brushes (blue / black terrain).
- Maintain speed in the corridor;
- Demonstrate symmetry from side to side;
- Demonstrate use of the full width of the corridor;
- Maintain roundness through expert steering skills
NB: 1st run has a fall midway through
2nd Run is NOT with brushes rather a 'felt' 6 metres in variable snow.
Round Turns in Bumps
Longer radius turns executed at advanced speeds in advanced bumps (blue/black) terrain
- Maintains round turn shape through bumpy terrain
- Shows good balance and upper/lower body separation to allow simultaneous adjustment on lateral and vertical planes
- Reacts with ease to abrupt terrain changes
- Adapts to less than optimal lines.
Thanks a lot in advance everyone