- Demo several skis, than choose the one you like best?
- Follow recommendations in in various Ski Magazine Annual Buyers Guides?
- Follow "professional" recommendations on websites / magazines?
- Follow recommendations from your local ski shop professional?
- Follow user recommendations and gear reviews found on forums like Epicski?
- Buy based on advertising in magazines, ski manufacturer websites?
- Brand Loyalty?
- Buy whatever is the cheapest, on sale or the "best deal"?
- Buy based on top sheet graphics?
Personally, I'm a firm believer in demoing skis to find what works best for me, although I do find myself purchasing skis because the deal was just too good to pass up, even though I may not have ever demoed them yet. I do find value in recommendations from a variety of sources, and I use these recommendations to put on my list to demo next time I see them at a local demo day at my resort.