- 299 Posts. Joined 8/2006
- Location: Boulder, CO
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemVail Resorttagged by System, 4/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Where should I go for a ski vacation? [Feb family trip, non-skiing mom, from MA] Last post on 11/14/16 at 8:42am in General Skiing Discussion
- Trip in Feb. Need advice on when to buy passes [family, 4 ski days at Vail, Keystone, Breck] Last post on 9/11/16 at 6:34pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vail vs Alta/Bird Last post on 9/13/16 at 7:21pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- The "Park City Effect": UT Records Best Skier Visits Last post on 7/27/16 at 8:19pm in Skiing News
- The Bunkhouse, Vail's first and only boutique hostel opening May 26th. Last post on 10/1/16 at 6:15pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain ResortLast edited: 6/15/16
For any east coast skiers this is like Mad River Glen with wider slopes and big drops to jump off of along with skiing between the trees. Just an all out amazing ski area. Simple and great...
I really love this place, it doesn't have the crowds that the other places around Ottawa have, but this is a legit ski place and is one of those hidden gems that hardcore ski guys/gals love. They...
Good for high volumn, pronated feet, i.e: This is the anti-matter Lange XLR/Banshe/Comp but still very good for people with wider, flatter, lower arched feet who needed or wanted a stiffer boot....
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain Resort
Vail April 3rd thru 8th - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
^^ Great time at the playground called Vail with Bazzer and rachelv
Thanks as Betsy felt better by Sunday so we headed over to A-Basin to ski with HotChocolate before her final run to the airport:
Unfortunately no ...segbrown's incorporation of the Lindsey Vonn pictures apropos as my top boot shin area flared and swelled so badly Sunday that I almost considered taking the patrol snowmobile down
So I’ll be seeing doc today to get the skinny on the shinny
Glad to know that Betsy is back up to snuff. Now take you meds DonDenver, and perhaps I'll get to see the two of you again before I head home and call it a season. Regardless, I hope that you heal up fast amigo.
Finn…Betsy’s okay now…her husband however is applying Lindsey Vonn’s German topfen curd cheese cure for the shin
Thanks buddy… no med's however...let’s see what Lindsey’s topen curd will do
segbrown is supposed to join us before the lifts open. I've yet to meet her, and am stoked at the chance. I hope that she can make the drive west safely as this does indeed look like an epic day in the making.
1. Got to meet segbrown, in all ways a beautiful woman, skier, & person. Her kids are extremely lucky to be able to call her "Mom".
2. Got to ski the whole day with Vail Snopro.
3. Spectacular snow.
4. Vail was practically deserted.
5. Had my mojo workin'.
segbrown and VSP all aglow after dropping the cornice on Iron Mask in Blue Sky, lap #1
My old friend and my new one romping in some seriously soft bumps
VSP made this pretty cool action shot of yours truly. Almost looks like I know what I'm doing, besides having almost too much fun.
The fun begins again tomorrow when the lifts open at 8:30. Hoping to hook up with Alta6, and some of his crew.
Anyone that's around, please feel free to tag along.
Actally BaZZ' why not stay as well???
I am hoping to meet VSP and Segbrown for a few turns.
Just checked the Vail website. They're reporting another 19" in the past 24 hours, on top of the foot from yesterday. Should have brought a snorkel.
I'd love to hang around longer Finndog, but there are some extremely important matters that I both have to and want to attend to back in hot, flat, Florida.
Fireball, if you're following the thread, I'm truly sorry that you could make the trip.
Looking forward to more memories on Th and Fri as more Bears arrive....
Free lift tix still available! (Must be present to win!!)
Bazzer, you had a pic of Robyn & I that you took in the morning at the bottom of Lionshead... could you get that to me? Unless it was terrible... :)
Not sure for me, Friday would be the only possible day unless Denver gets hit with snow or rain and cancels out soccer games. That happened last year on closing weekend, so we can always hope! (Not that I don't just LOVE going to 2 or 3 soccer games every weekend during the best part of ski season .... ;-) At least it helps me justify going up on weekdays like yesterday.)
Drinks back in Florida when I get back.
I may pack a snorkle for this trip.
- Vail April 3rd thru 8th
- › Twelve questions to ask when considering purchasing a Custom... 10 seconds ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Ok I have another worry about ski backs failing to come around in... 8 minutes ago
- › Epic Discussion Starter 9 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 14 minutes ago
- › POLL: The Future of Politics and Hot Topics 20 minutes ago
- › The Narrower Stance? 33 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 42 minutes ago
- › Calling all Minnesota Epicskiers 2016-2017 42 minutes ago
- › Ok-Anyone ever done this run at Two Smokes CO-I have always had an... 50 minutes ago
- › Kirkwood Mountain Resort by Debbie Burke
- › Mont Sainte Marie by Charles J White
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by aarrkk
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › The Ins and Outs of Proper Layering
- › 2017 Smith ChromaPop - It's Basically...
- › EpicSki Interview with Jess McMillan
- › Epic Ski Image of the Month Contest Terms and...
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis