- 299 Posts. Joined 8/2006
- Location: Boulder, CO
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemVail Resorttagged by System, 4/8/10
Related Forum Threads
- Spring Skiing in ColoRADo! March 17 - 19 Last post on 3/23/17 at 8:00am in Trip Reports
- Conditions + resort advice - Late March 2017 Last post on 3/13/17 at 5:12pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Beautiful Day @ Vail with Mr and Mrs SkiMangoJazz, 3/2/17 Last post on 3/2/17 at 8:21pm in Trip Reports
- Vail Bluebird Day Last post on 3/1/17 at 9:57pm in Trip Reports
- 2017 Geezer Snowbirds Tour Last post on 3/14/17 at 6:22pm in Trip Reports
EpicSki Interview with Patrick Torsell of Ski Cooper: Part 2
Last edited: 1/20/17
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass OptionsLast edited: 10/24/16
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain ResortLast edited: 6/15/16
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Vail April 3rd thru 8th - Page 2post #31 of 904/5/10 at 7:39amYes, and new poles! Did you not even notice the poles??? ;)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 904/5/10 at 8:38am
^^ Great time at the playground called Vail with Bazzer and rachelv
Thanks as Betsy felt better by Sunday so we headed over to A-Basin to ski with HotChocolate before her final run to the airport:
Unfortunately no ...segbrown's incorporation of the Lindsey Vonn pictures apropos as my top boot shin area flared and swelled so badly Sunday that I almost considered taking the patrol snowmobile down
So I’ll be seeing doc today to get the skinny on the shinnypost #33 of 904/5/10 at 9:37ampost #34 of 904/5/10 at 12:04pmHey Now Rach' I KNEW about the poles....... is that a new helmet as well???? You are my hero!post #35 of 904/5/10 at 12:07pmpost #36 of 904/5/10 at 3:56pmThread Starter
Glad to know that Betsy is back up to snuff. Now take you meds DonDenver, and perhaps I'll get to see the two of you again before I head home and call it a season. Regardless, I hope that you heal up fast amigo.post #37 of 904/5/10 at 4:33pm
Finn…Betsy’s okay now…her husband however is applying Lindsey Vonn’s German topfen curd cheese cure for the shinQuote:
Thanks buddy… no med's however...let’s see what Lindsey’s topen curd will dopost #38 of 904/5/10 at 8:34pmpost #39 of 904/6/10 at 4:31ampost #40 of 904/6/10 at 4:47amThread StarterI'm charging up the camera battery right now. Still nuking snow, and visibility is currently measured in feet. I'll try and make a few images for y'all if I can see, and get VSP to hold his horses long enough for me to set up a shot. Might not be very good photographs, as my usual view of VSP on the hill is from well behind him. Perhaps I can bribe him with chocolate.
segbrown is supposed to join us before the lifts open. I've yet to meet her, and am stoked at the chance. I hope that she can make the drive west safely as this does indeed look like an epic day in the making.post #41 of 904/6/10 at 5:05amNice Bazz', make us proud now! nothing better than a powder stoke in the morning. I am about to go running, I think I will hit the treadmill and watch some good ski porn- "claim" the opening powder segment.....
enjoy,post #42 of 904/6/10 at 6:09ampost #43 of 904/6/10 at 7:03pmpost #44 of 904/6/10 at 8:53pmThread StarterOkay Finndog, I twisted a few arms and we managed to make a few pics just for you. I'll post up a few more when I get the time to write up a trip report. For now though, today was probably the best one that I've had the good fortune to enjoy this season, and maybe the best I've ever had as a skier.
1. Got to meet segbrown, in all ways a beautiful woman, skier, & person. Her kids are extremely lucky to be able to call her "Mom".
2. Got to ski the whole day with Vail Snopro.
3. Spectacular snow.
4. Vail was practically deserted.
5. Had my mojo workin'.
segbrown and VSP all aglow after dropping the cornice on Iron Mask in Blue Sky, lap #1
My old friend and my new one romping in some seriously soft bumps
VSP made this pretty cool action shot of yours truly. Almost looks like I know what I'm doing, besides having almost too much fun.
The fun begins again tomorrow when the lifts open at 8:30. Hoping to hook up with Alta6, and some of his crew.
Anyone that's around, please feel free to tag along.
post #45 of 904/6/10 at 9:01pmpost #46 of 904/7/10 at 1:33ampost #47 of 904/7/10 at 3:45amThread Starterpost #48 of 904/7/10 at 4:07ampost #49 of 904/7/10 at 4:07amNice.... just looks like a day to rememeber in July. I am sure when Rach' see's these, she will be naving' over to the Continental site to buy a ticket to come back out next week...
Actally BaZZ' why not stay as well???
I am hoping to meet VSP and Segbrown for a few turns.post #50 of 904/7/10 at 4:14amThread Starter5:10 AM.
Just checked the Vail website. They're reporting another 19" in the past 24 hours, on top of the foot from yesterday. Should have brought a snorkel.
I'd love to hang around longer Finndog, but there are some extremely important matters that I both have to and want to attend to back in hot, flat, Florida.
Fireball, if you're following the thread, I'm truly sorry that you could make the trip.post #51 of 904/7/10 at 5:20amJust wanted to say what an incredible day it was, spent with Seg and Bazzer! I have had hundreds of powder days in my life, so now its more about the company and the experience, not just the snow. And yesterday was quite memorable!
Looking forward to more memories on Th and Fri as more Bears arrive....
Free lift tix still available! (Must be present to win!!)post #52 of 904/7/10 at 6:11amVSP, I would like the tickets can you hold them for me? otherwise i have to buy online more than two days in advance for the the discount?post #53 of 904/7/10 at 6:19amWoooow, looks amazing! Really bummed I couldn't be up there mid-week.
Bazzer, you had a pic of Robyn & I that you took in the morning at the bottom of Lionshead... could you get that to me? Unless it was terrible... :)post #54 of 904/7/10 at 7:30ampost #55 of 904/7/10 at 8:29amYes, yesterday definitely ranked right up there! I'm still grinning. It was great to finally meet and ski with both Bazzer and VSP -- I hope you are both getting after it again today. 30 inches in 2 days is nothing to sneeze at, eh?post #56 of 904/7/10 at 8:32amQuote:
Not sure for me, Friday would be the only possible day unless Denver gets hit with snow or rain and cancels out soccer games. That happened last year on closing weekend, so we can always hope! (Not that I don't just LOVE going to 2 or 3 soccer games every weekend during the best part of ski season .... ;-) At least it helps me justify going up on weekdays like yesterday.)post #57 of 904/7/10 at 8:35ampost #58 of 904/7/10 at 9:10ampost #59 of 904/7/10 at 12:11pmBazzer, hope you saved something for today! It is so sick there right now that they didn't even digout the picnic tables at Belles camp today. Shame we are passing each other this weekend, maybe next year.
Drinks back in Florida when I get back.
I may pack a snorkle for this trip.
- Vail April 3rd thru 8th
- 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Summit County 4/11-13 11 minutes ago
- › Review: Parlor Kingfisher 105 in medium and stiff flexes 2016-2017 12 minutes ago
- › Demo day at Crystal, March 25, 2017 16 minutes ago
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 18 minutes ago
- › Skier's Edge. When do they go on sale? 19 minutes ago
- › Powder or corn 19 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 28 minutes ago
- › My Excellent Toe Surgery Adventure - Hallux Rigidus, Plate/Screw... 51 minutes ago
- › Spring Trip to Vermont [driving from DC, looking for greens and... 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Buying passes for the next N.A. season, 2017-18, don't wait until... 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview