I am 5'9 and 200 so going with the shorter ski was a bit strange for me. I should have gone with 186 probably, but at the time I was looking for a shorter ski since I am building a set of longer Solomon Czar's. I think they might not be making these anymore since the Watea's are around. Sounds like a very different ski but they are selling a lot more of them. The Misfits were in between their other lines and must have just been overlooked. I honestly hadn't considered them til I saw them on Tramdock so it might have been a good choice on their part. Any suggestions for mounting these? I've always mounted center but am hoping to get these mounted in the perfect spot.
- brandFischertagged by System, 3/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is a wider ski that important Last post on 3/17/16 at 2:59pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Fischer Ranger 98ti vs Fischer Motive 95ti Last post on 2/23/16 at 7:27pm in Member Gear Reviews
- A layman’s look at the 2015 SIA demo days at Copper Last post on 9/18/15 at 3:37am in Member Gear Reviews
- SIA On-Snow Demos at Copper Mountain, 2015-2016 skis Last post on 3/12/16 at 10:42pm in Member Gear Reviews
- Question for those with extensive ski knowledge Last post on 7/27/13 at 6:03pm in Ski Gear Discussion
What's New with the Fischer Vacuum Boot for 2013-14
Last edited: 2/5/13
- 2011 Big Mountain Ski Reviews By DawgcatchingLast edited: 4/25/11
- 2011 Mid Fat Ski Reviews By DawgcatchingLast edited: 5/25/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Fischer Misfits - Page 2post #32 of 336/15/10 at 7:30amThread Starter
I could not be happier with these skis, Exactly what i was looking for in terms of flex and width. I mounted mine center, but i am using it as an everyday ski. If you want it for powder put it back a little, but its not a powder specific ski, so id go with dead in the middlepost #33 of 336/22/10 at 1:32am
I have had a pair of fischer kehuas (177 same as misfit, previous top sheet design) with a pair of demo bindings on them, for the last 3 seasons, they are quite sensitive to mounting point. I have found that 1cm forward of the big mountain mark seems best for all mountain skiing. Mounted centre they are ok on hard pack, but not so good in softer conditions. 1 degree base and 3 degrees side works well. The bases are really tough as well!
- Fischer Misfits
- 2011 Big Mountain Ski Reviews By Dawgcatching
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 8 minutes ago
- › Question about shuttle bus from Banff to ski areas 13 minutes ago
- › Quick Bonafide size question? 31 minutes ago
- › Replacements for Nordica El Capo's 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Instructor recommendation for Stratton 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › need help finding a racesuit 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › FS - barely used Icelantic, Line, Elan, Salomon & Surface skis -... 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › East Coast: Snowshoe $99 Early Season Pass on Sale 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Northeast Region — Weather, Stoke, Craic . . . 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer