- 2,114 Posts. Joined 4/2002
- Location: Vail, Co
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best intermediates skiing west? Best intermediates skiing northeast? Best groomed terrain west?... Last post on 3/1/13 at 10:13am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Easter skiing 2014 from April5th..Recommendations? Last post on 5/17/13 at 8:51am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vail & Breckenridge to Re-Open Weekend 4/19/13 - 4/21/13 Last post on 4/26/13 at 12:48pm in General Skiing Discussion
- TR: Vail Closing 2013 Last post on 4/19/13 at 10:01am in Trip Reports
- Vail Valley Conditions Report, Please! Last post on 4/16/13 at 9:28am in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
In March of ‘12, DSJ got a call from Tom Tanner, manager at Ski Pro Mesa/Tempe, AZ asking whether myself and my wife Karen would like to be part of a promo trip to Red Mountain Resort, BC. After...
My biggest caution: I don't know how on earth they are measuring these things. A 183 barely measures 180. I would have purchased a longer pair online had I known this. But this is the only...
I got these (184's) on the cheap from an experienced 6ft plus 190 lb. plus powderhound in his late 40's who was looking for a one ski quiver and this was not his ski. I think it might have been...
For dependable snow coverage, you can't beat Snow Summit. Summit is actually half of Big Bear Mountain Resorts so the pass includes Bear Mountain which makes the resort larger than it appears at...
THE SILVERTON MOUNTAIN EXPERIENCE Where is this place? We must be getting close. Eyes anxiously scan the steep canyon walls for any sign of a ski lift. It’s...
TR: Vail closing week and a TRIP REPORT from the last day - Page 4
Okay…so…you call my wife hotpants…
You’re both seen together in public places…
And now you’re FB friends. Phil, Betsy…is there something going on
Originally posted by Don Denver-
"... the variable conditions we experienced seem like champagne powder on a bluebird day..."
WOW! And I thought Bazzer had the ultimate gift of prose... hahaha Somehow, I don't ever remember the phrase "champagne powder" entering my thoughts as we skied some of that muck! In fact, given that this is a family site, I won't even mention a few of the more choice terms I was thinking I'd use to describe some of the snow we skied!
Figures; the one time I forget the emoticon for sarcasm and I get Stem-Christied by you two
[Oh…almost forgot… ]
Thanks for the entertainment!
Don, If you look at the pic of Phil and Betsy, I think he's hoping to be adopted,.......... If he needs a reference, I can say, he's a great kid but a bit high maintenance.
Looks like y'all had a FANTASTIC time!
Champagne powder? Well Don is speaking of the spiritual sense of the day and I have to agree!
The guys doing the scoring at The Red Lion looked alot like Phil now that I see the pic.
Njoyed having a beer with you guy-Bears at Bart & Yeti's, sorry we missed the Bear Attack on saturday, we guessed wrong and started at 10AM, that sun really did the snow in around 1:30.
I don't want to jack the thread (I'll post a new trip thread), but if you saw these two your day was complete, Non-Bears Paula and Dick.
A great week of corn, a bit of POW on two days, a little blower and a lot of SUN with friends.
Yeah, yeah, whatever, just let me continue to give Don crap. It's my job.
But it's true (seriously), I've had some great powder days by myself where I'm just in heaven for an hour or two, and then ... it's not as fun anymore. (and not just because it's getting tracked out) So I have to -- grudgingly -- admit that Don is right.
Ron, we hiked for tracks on Sourdough tuesday afternoon when I got in and had "first tram" lines, and eighted them two more times, it was chamPAGnee!!! Joe and I did Forever for first tracks on saturday, that wasn't quite like champagne, but good just the same.
Joe a little later on Forever.
Edited by snokat - 4/20/10 at 8:25am
Hmmm…maybe this was an early indication of the crap coming my way :
Edited by ski-ra - 4/20/10 at 1:01pm
Who knows... I could be coming to a ski area near you.
- TR: Vail closing week and a TRIP REPORT from the last day
- › Vonn linked to E. German steroids doctor 9 minutes ago
- › House Swapping (wives not included) 11 minutes ago
- › Avoiding treewells 12 minutes ago
- › Sidecountry does not exist. 18 minutes ago
- › Professional Ski Bumming 21 minutes ago
- › WTB: Race Stock SLs in 165 cm 36 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 44 minutes ago
- › How would you define an intermediate or advanced skiier? 56 minutes ago
- › Aspen open for Memorial weekend. 58 minutes ago
- › One of those days ... Candide Thovex, new video 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Red Mountain Resort by Fritzski
- › 2011 Volkl Racetiger GS World Cup Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › 2007 Volkl AC40 Ski by Nick Z Taos
- › Snow Summit by mustski
- › Silverton Mountain by Fritzski
- › Kitzbühel by RichardW1995
- › Mt. Bachelor by Fritzski
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Chemical M Pant by Fritzski
- › 2012 FlyLow Gear Higgins M Jacket by Fritzski
- › Durango Mountain Resort by Nick Z Taos
- › Taos Grades High in Geography by nolo
- › Great Glades Almighty! by nolo
- › Ski Racing Basics by nolo
- › Portillo: Open Your Mind to the Full Chilean... by nolo
- › Join EpicSki and Get Into Skiing! by Laurel Hill Crazie
- › Innovations in Design at the 2013 SIA SNOW Show by nolo
- › 2014 Rossignol Soul 7 Skis Review by mmckay
- › Tornik, Serbia by Ledeni Finac
- › Hot Dog...Return of Bobbie Burns and The Ski by Philpug
- › What's New with the Fischer Vacuum Boot... by nolo