- 2,115 Posts. Joined 4/2002
- Location: Vail, Co
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 2017 Mid-Atlantic Gathering at Timberline, WV - February 24-26, 2017 Last post on Yesterday at 9:26 am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Where should I go for a ski vacation? [Feb family trip, non-skiing mom, from MA] Last post on 10/8/16 at 6:28am in General Skiing Discussion
- Trip in Feb. Need advice on when to buy passes [family, 4 ski days at Vail, Keystone, Breck] Last post on 9/11/16 at 6:34pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vail vs Alta/Bird Last post on 9/13/16 at 7:21pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- The "Park City Effect": UT Records Best Skier Visits Last post on 7/27/16 at 8:19pm in Skiing News
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/17/16
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain ResortLast edited: 6/15/16
- Gathering 2009 Jackson HoleLast edited: 1/11/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
TR: Vail closing week and a TRIP REPORT from the last day - Page 4post #91 of 1554/19/10 at 6:10pmFor the record.... my eyes were bleeding from having seen the fat guy in the pic above mine....! I tried to tear them out after having gazed upon that mountain of flesh!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1554/19/10 at 6:58pmpost #93 of 1554/19/10 at 7:48pmpost #94 of 1554/19/10 at 7:56pmpost #95 of 1554/19/10 at 8:56pm
Okay…so…you call my wife hotpants…
You’re both seen together in public places…
And now you’re FB friends. Phil, Betsy…is there something going onpost #96 of 1554/19/10 at 9:04pmpost #97 of 1554/19/10 at 9:17pmQuote:
&...Quote:Originally Posted by vail snopro
Originally posted by Don Denver-
"... the variable conditions we experienced seem like champagne powder on a bluebird day..."
WOW! And I thought Bazzer had the ultimate gift of prose... hahaha Somehow, I don't ever remember the phrase "champagne powder" entering my thoughts as we skied some of that muck! In fact, given that this is a family site, I won't even mention a few of the more choice terms I was thinking I'd use to describe some of the snow we skied!
Figures; the one time I forget the emoticon for sarcasm and I get Stem-Christied by you two
[Oh…almost forgot… ]post #98 of 1554/19/10 at 9:23pmpost #99 of 1554/20/10 at 4:31am
Thanks for the entertainment!
Don, If you look at the pic of Phil and Betsy, I think he's hoping to be adopted,.......... If he needs a reference, I can say, he's a great kid but a bit high maintenance.post #100 of 1554/20/10 at 5:50amNext year I'll try to return for closing weekend. This year's western-bound ski trips were budget-limited to one short Utah trip (visiting the mom unit and a retirement party for my coach and mentor, Olle Larsson), so... 2011 it is.
Looks like y'all had a FANTASTIC time!post #101 of 1554/20/10 at 6:09ampost #102 of 1554/20/10 at 6:10amThread StarterMore pics coming- the closing day experience was basically Halloween, mardi gras and new years eve rolled into one crazy day! sitting in the red lion from 2 pm to close (7 pm) rating all the folks going by in costumes was insane. the pond skimming was crazy- blue bird day, mid 50's. Cold beer...... can't remember being in a place with so many people just having fun, I didn't see any issues or problems, just folks enjoying the day and making turns.
Champagne powder? Well Don is speaking of the spiritual sense of the day and I have to agree!post #103 of 1554/20/10 at 6:49amThread Starterpost #104 of 1554/20/10 at 6:59amThread Starterit was much more painful in person, the crowd at the Red Lion was roaring "ohhh-noooo" when he came over to the window.post #105 of 1554/20/10 at 7:59am
The guys doing the scoring at The Red Lion looked alot like Phil now that I see the pic.
Njoyed having a beer with you guy-Bears at Bart & Yeti's, sorry we missed the Bear Attack on saturday, we guessed wrong and started at 10AM, that sun really did the snow in around 1:30.
I don't want to jack the thread (I'll post a new trip thread), but if you saw these two your day was complete, Non-Bears Paula and Dick.
A great week of corn, a bit of POW on two days, a little blower and a lot of SUN with friends.post #106 of 1554/20/10 at 8:02ampost #107 of 1554/20/10 at 8:03amThread Starterpost #108 of 1554/20/10 at 8:04amQuote:
Yeah, yeah, whatever, just let me continue to give Don crap. It's my job.
But it's true (seriously), I've had some great powder days by myself where I'm just in heaven for an hour or two, and then ... it's not as fun anymore. (and not just because it's getting tracked out) So I have to -- grudgingly -- admit that Don is right.post #109 of 1554/20/10 at 8:13am
Ron, we hiked for tracks on Sourdough tuesday afternoon when I got in and had "first tram" lines, and eighted them two more times, it was chamPAGnee!!! Joe and I did Forever for first tracks on saturday, that wasn't quite like champagne, but good just the same.
Joe a little later on Forever.
Edited by snokat - 4/20/10 at 8:25ampost #110 of 1554/20/10 at 9:12amGreat - all I get are pics that make me look senile (if that's what "steezy" looks like then I don't need it), and what looks to be a "how did you get in that position" type of yard sale (though I do admit that this "stretching" regimen indeed looks goofy regardles of whether it helps). Maybe I was too busy hiding in the trees to allow for a pic that my publicist would have preferred.post #111 of 1554/20/10 at 9:21amThread Starterpost #112 of 1554/20/10 at 9:33amQuote:
Hmmm…maybe this was an early indication of the crap coming my way :post #113 of 1554/20/10 at 9:43ampost #114 of 1554/20/10 at 9:46ampost #115 of 1554/20/10 at 9:49ampost #116 of 1554/20/10 at 9:50amQuote:Thanks I'll pass the kind words on to my publicist...uh...when I get one....
Edited by ski-ra - 4/20/10 at 1:01pmpost #117 of 1554/20/10 at 10:25ampost #118 of 1554/20/10 at 10:46amQuote:
Who knows... I could be coming to a ski area near you.
post #119 of 1554/20/10 at 1:05pmpost #120 of 1554/20/10 at 1:56pm
- TR: Vail closing week and a TRIP REPORT from the last day
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain Resort
- › 5-year plans for Alta and Snowbasin 7 minutes ago
- › Atomic XT discussion (video) 19 minutes ago
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 48 minutes ago
- › New Instructional Video: JF Beaulieu, Andreas Spettel & Nadine... 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Travel Agent t that specializes in Europe 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Recommendation allmountain skis [to replace Armada TST] 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 3 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 3 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 3 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer