- 16,230 Posts. Joined 1/2000
- Location: about 85% of the time now at Steamboat.
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- 2017 Mid-Atlantic Gathering at Timberline, WV - February 24-26, 2017 Last post on 10/23/16 at 9:26am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Where should I go for a ski vacation? [Feb family trip, non-skiing mom, from MA] Last post on 10/8/16 at 6:28am in General Skiing Discussion
- Trip in Feb. Need advice on when to buy passes [family, 4 ski days at Vail, Keystone, Breck] Last post on 9/11/16 at 6:34pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Vail vs Alta/Bird Last post on 9/13/16 at 7:21pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- The "Park City Effect": UT Records Best Skier Visits Last post on 7/27/16 at 8:19pm in Skiing News
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain ResortLast edited: 6/15/16
- Gathering 2009 Jackson HoleLast edited: 1/11/13
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
TR: Vail closing week and a TRIP REPORT from the last daypost #1 of 1553/18/10 at 3:26pmThread StarterI have to travel out towards CO and I was just seeing if there might be some bears around that week of the 12th- close?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1553/18/10 at 3:50pmHey Finndog.
I may have the chance to head back to CO in April. (Might drag our buddy Fireball along too.) If I do, and I'm around when you are, I'd love the chance to make the hook-up that passed us by last month. I'll post up on this forum if and when details are clear, and give you a heads up.post #3 of 1553/18/10 at 5:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1553/19/10 at 2:16pmpost #5 of 1553/19/10 at 6:07pmpost #6 of 1553/20/10 at 5:28amThread Starterpost #7 of 1553/25/10 at 1:34pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1553/25/10 at 8:09pmpost #9 of 1553/26/10 at 6:03ampost #10 of 1553/26/10 at 6:17ampost #11 of 1553/26/10 at 8:43amThread Starterpost #12 of 1553/29/10 at 12:58pmpost #13 of 1553/30/10 at 12:56pmThread Starterpost #14 of 1553/30/10 at 4:30pmFYI, according a mountain information guide today, Vail will close the back bowls and Blue Sky Basin starting April 12 this year. Only the front-side will be open for the last week.post #15 of 1553/30/10 at 8:03pmpost #16 of 1553/31/10 at 2:46amThread Starterheres the link- thanks Greg. I bleive you can still get into some of the bowls... I hope...Quote:Quote:
Nice! PM sentpost #17 of 1553/31/10 at 6:52ampost #18 of 1553/31/10 at 8:29ampost #19 of 1553/31/10 at 8:30amQuote:
With 5 open you’ve got backside Sun Up and Sun Down available. Not bad additional lines for a closing week. Common April snow.post #20 of 1553/31/10 at 8:33ampost #21 of 1553/31/10 at 8:36amQuote:
Just noticed your prior post SkiLover…I need to hit ‘submit’ before going off to refresh the coffee cup See you at Vailpost #22 of 1553/31/10 at 10:26ampost #23 of 1553/31/10 at 1:14pmThread StarterYeah, thanks, I know we used that high noon lift last year and got into the bowls, I don't mind a little walking for good lines.
Coffee? Sounds good, I'll be right over....
Nice forecast.....post #24 of 1554/7/10 at 5:20pmpost #25 of 1554/8/10 at 4:12amThread Starterpost #26 of 1554/8/10 at 4:57amThis FL Bear is coming out on the 13th to close down Vail. A couple of my fellow 'Hogs' will be present as well, so let's hook-up for some runs.
The updated "spring lift" page now has Skyline, Teacup and Sun Up running for the final week. Now we just need another dump while we are in town.
Remember last April's front-range snowmess? Poor old snokat had to extend his Vail trip two more days and close it down. I-70 was closed! Only skied 9 days in a row!post #27 of 1554/8/10 at 5:04amGreat news about the additional spring lifts.
The whole mountain has offered spectacular skiing for the entirety of my stay, (which alas ends today.)
Get after it, and don't forget VSP's offer on lift tickets.post #28 of 1554/8/10 at 5:34ampost #29 of 1554/8/10 at 12:55pmpost #30 of 1554/9/10 at 11:18amI was just checking the GOES western satelite infrared shot, and I have to say that IMHO there is a monster brewing in the north Pacific that might make next weekend a SNOWMESS !!!!! I'm no weather-pro, but this is one angry looking system.
Another snorkel dump for VAIL?
Bring it on for Spring-Back-to-Vail.
I thought you should know.
- TR: Vail closing week and a TRIP REPORT from the last day
- The Future of Jay Peak and Burke Mountain Resort
- › Relatively New Skier, Need Some Help On Ski Width/Shape! 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › What Should our FEET FEEL? 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Atomic Redster Ski Boot Club 2 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Olin MKVI Comp DH skis 3 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 4 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 4 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Ski Rack: Top of Vehicle with 6-8 Skis? 4 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread 5 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Late Dec road trip, Tahoe, Sun Valley, Jackson Hole, Alta/Snowbird 5 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Bode News 5 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer