More fine print from the website-- (note that you can trade in 10K for a day of snowcat skiing and that vertical is "charged in increments of 2,500 feet"):
Complete rules for the punch cards:
- No Refunds/Replacements
- Use is SPACE AVAILABLE only (No Reservations)
- Card Expires 24 months from Purchase Date
- This Card is the Property of VHC and its affiliates. VHC Reserves the right to revoke the use of this card at any time and provide a refund for the unused portion.
- Good only to the Original Purchaser with Valid Picture ID
- Vertical Charged in increments of 2,500 Vertical feet.
- You must have a minimum of 5,000 Vertical Feet to start a Heli Adventure.
- Additional Vertical may be purchased to round up to 20,000 Vertical Feet to complete a day's adventure at the rate of $39.95 per 1000 Vertical Feet
- Punchcards can be used for snow cat skiing on a space availble basis at a rate of 10,000 vertical feet per day. (a day of cat skiing normally produces between 15-20,000 feet)
We found last season that our "extra" seats, those that are highly sought after for punch card holders, were becoming a hot commodity. For the first time in the punch card program's history, we had to turn folks away - for a number of days. REMEMBER: When we have extra seats, those with the highest denomination and lowest serial number are first in line for those heli skiing seats. So-o-o-o, if you are the first one to buy a 500,000 vertical punch card, you will be assured that you will get priority punch card seating when it is available. That's why buying the punch card - no matter what denomination you choose, is worth doing as early as possible. Here are our rules to determine priorities for space-available Heli skiing seats:
- Punch Cards are FOR INDIVIDUAL USE ON A SPACE AVAILABILE BASIS ONLY. (THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF SPECIFIC GROUPING WITH PUNCH CARDS )
- If a client would like to OWN a seat in the Heli they may BUY a seat (Single Day) at the current single day rate up to the time of grouping for departure. Single Day Heli Skiers have seniority over all Punch Cards, therefore guaranteeing the seat. Likewise a pre-booked Snowcat Skiing Client may upgrade to Heli Skiing for the day rate amount difference and "own the seat".
- Priority of Walk-Ons are as follows:
- Pre-Booked Snowcat Ski Clients upgrading to Heli Skiing
- Single Day Heli Skiers
- Punch Cards of highest issued denomination
- Punch Cards with oldest serial number