- topicChildrentagged by System, 3/22/10
Related Forum Threads
- Saving boots for another kid Last post on 10/23/16 at 7:00am in Ask the Boot Guys
- Kids boot sizing Last post on 10/22/16 at 5:01pm in Ask the Boot Guys
- Where do kids ski for free? Daily lift ticket or season-long discount for specific grade -... Last post on 10/14/16 at 5:12pm in Family Skiing Discussions
- Jackson Hole ski school for my son Last post on 9/4/16 at 5:11pm in Ski Instruction & Coaching
- Can't decide on skis for 8yr old - please help! [Afton Alps, likes park] Last post on 7/26/16 at 9:23am in Ski Gear Discussion
Teaching Children To Ski
Last edited: 7/13/11
- Money And Time Saving Tips For Parents Of Young SkiersLast edited: 4/20/11
- Children And Good SkiingLast edited: 4/22/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
How Old Before You Let The Kids Fly Solo? - Page 2post #31 of 3612/25/12 at 7:39pmpost #32 of 3612/25/12 at 9:11pmpost #33 of 3612/27/12 at 9:56pmpost #34 of 3612/31/12 at 12:34pm
This is completely off-topic, but . . . an example of a good son who wants his parents to enjoy skiing well past their 70's. He's looking for better skis for them as they slow down a bit.post #35 of 361/4/13 at 4:02pmpost #36 of 361/4/13 at 5:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Xela
My nine year old knows her way around Squaw Valley as well as I do. I wouldn't worry about her getting lost. What I worry about, and the reasons she doesn't ski alone, are more about snow safety and judgment. She still doesn't always look uphill before she starts. She can get stuck in powder. She lacks understanding of tree wells. While she naturally shies away from unfamiliar jumps, drops, and cornices, she still displays a degree of recklessness when skiing with friends. If someone got hurt, I'm not sure she'd know to cross her skis and signal patrol.
Now, if we went to an unfamiliar area, I'd have more reasons, but for now the reasons have more to do with "what" and "how" than "where".
That is exactly the issue I have with my kids, 9 & 11. On a small hill consisting of groomers I'd probably let them go. West of the Continental Divide? I don't think so. My older son found out about tree wells a couple of years ago, and I am protective as a result.
- How Old Before You Let The Kids Fly Solo?
- Money And Time Saving Tips For Parents Of Young Skiers
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 6 minutes ago
- › Cheap package holidays 11 minutes ago
- › Cheap package holidays 16 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 16 minutes ago
- › What Should our FEET FEEL? 24 minutes ago
- › North American snow watch 2016- snow reports needed! 26 minutes ago
- › 2017 CRV with 1.5l turbo? 31 minutes ago
- › Beginner boots rent vs buying + ski/walk mode 40 minutes ago
- › Alberta/Eastern BC - 2016/17 44 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 59 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer