EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Best place to buy skis online?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best place to buy skis online?  

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
Where would the best place online be to buy skis?
post #2 of 22
Try levelninesports.com, have had good luck with them; also, evogear.com
post #3 of 22
Backcountry.com and their outlet have pretty good deals. I've also scored some sweet deals on skis by watching Tramdock.com.
post #4 of 22
Thread Starter 
Great sites guys. Thanks. While I was looking around I found one thats worth a look - evogear.com
post #5 of 22

I dont suppose either of those two are Canadian sites or that you know of any good Canadian ones? Shipping from the states is kind of a hassle sometimes :(..

post #6 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Private User) View Post

I dont suppose either of those two are Canadian sites or that you know of any good Canadian ones? Shipping from the states is kind of a hassle sometimes :(..

If you live close to US border, let american shop send you ski to the closes to you USA postal outlet.
I don't think there are a good online store in Canada. Whole canadian online shopping sucks.
post #7 of 22
post #8 of 22
Be sure to check the EpicSki forum Special Deals for EpicSki Members.   The sponsors of this site that sell there not only provide great deals, they back it up with service and advise like you would find if you walked into their store.  Rather than buy some surplus inventory, you deal with someone trusted by many members, who will offer you the best deal possible on current and popular equipment choices.
post #9 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post

Be sure to check the EpicSki forum Special Deals for EpicSki Members.   The sponsors of this site that sell there not only provide great deals, they back it up with service and advise like you would find if you walked into their store.  Rather than buy some surplus inventory, you deal with someone trusted by many members, who will offer you the best deal possible on current and popular equipment choices.
 

Seconded.  I've received outstanding service and deals from SierraJim, ptex1, and most recently dawgcatching.  I recommend all of them even though I haven't seen anything from ptex1 recently - but I may have missed it.
post #10 of 22
lots of good guys right here!

dawgcatching
sierrajim
philpug
whiteroom

and more- please list anyone i forgot,


btw- ptex1 has been sick.  i think he's back now
post #11 of 22
http://www.o2gearshop.com good prices, but you will wait for a ski like a month
http://www.coloradodiscountskis.com/ good selection, fast shipping
post #12 of 22
I agree that O2 Gearshop is a great source; i disagree about waiting a month as I've ordered skis 3 times from them and they always came within a week; I will note that they seem to put things on sale earlier than most others, which means that they sell out of a lot of things earlier than others, so their current stock is a bit depleted.
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Skibowski View Post

I agree that O2 Gearshop is a great source; i disagree about waiting a month as I've ordered skis 3 times from them and they always came within a week; I will note that they seem to put things on sale earlier than most others, which means that they sell out of a lot of things earlier than others, so their current stock is a bit depleted.
You were lucky. My friend had to wait a month. When I was buying my skis, they told me it takes 5-7 days to be shipped and 4 days to arrive. They don't have stuff in stock and after my friend's experience I decided to buy elswhere, because I wanted to ski this weekend. If time wouldn't be an issue for me I would definitely buy from o2gear. I ended up paying $90 more for not buying from o2gear, but what to do if you want to ski now:) My skis 2010 Fischer Progressor 8+ - $529 (skis+shipping)                  
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Private User) View Post

I dont suppose either of those two are Canadian sites or that you know of any good Canadian ones? Shipping from the states is kind of a hassle sometimes :(..



Level Nine ships to Canada for only $19, including brokerage.  Not too bad

post #15 of 22

Only marginally worth it from Europe, but if you're US or Canada-based it's a no-brainer to join Epic and use your Promotive discounts (last time I looked, skis available from Head, Icelantic, Liberty, Scott). That's in addition to the great hookups from affiliated shops listed above. I've bought stuff from both Sierra Jim and ptex1 during stops Stateside.

post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazu View Post



You were lucky. My friend had to wait a month. When I was buying my skis, they told me it takes 5-7 days to be shipped and 4 days to arrive. They don't have stuff in stock and after my friend's experience I decided to buy elswhere, because I wanted to ski this weekend. If time wouldn't be an issue for me I would definitely buy from o2gear. I ended up paying $90 more for not buying from o2gear, but what to do if you want to ski now:) My skis 2010 Fischer Progressor 8+ - $529 (skis+shipping)                  
 



Never had a problem with O2. A great year end sourse if the have what you want.

 

post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finndog View Post

lots of good guys right here!

dawgcatching
sierrajim
philpug
whiteroom

and more- please list anyone i forgot,


btw- ptex1 has been sick.  i think he's back now
 



Hey Finndog, do any of them sell ARMADA skis?  Pretty sure Dawg and SJ do not. I am really interested in the TST for next season.

post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2 ski View Post

Hey Finndog, do any of them sell ARMADA skis?  Pretty sure Dawg and SJ do not. I am really interested in the TST for next season.



For that entire genre of ski, the two shops I'd personally look to are evo.com and untracked.com. Folks at both were ahead of the pack in adopting rockered skis when they first appeared. IMO they are still miles ahead of most shops wrt to understanding said skis. I'd especially trust them for info like sizing advice, details on handling or build impressions for final decision making, etc. They both carry Armada.

 

evo had the TST at their super ultimate demo days. I was not signed up for the Armada day, but I hear through the grapevine that the TST was super well loved at the demo & that a number of people who skied them were super stoked and planned to buy them. There are a bunch of pics of the TST (and other Armada skis) in action in the event gallery  (Armada starts at pic 68 I think).  My friend Chris from evo ran the demos & I trust him as much as anyone for ski beta - email at cshalbot@evo.com I'm sure he'll answer any questions or point you to someone who is super reliable. (fwiw - as an aside, if you are a Seattle area wake boarder, he's running a bunch of wakeboard demos in the next little while - including one at the legendary Radar Lake --- there might still be some openings...)

 

Adam from untracked posts reviews at powderpoachers. It does not look like he's posted a TST review - but I suspect he has skied the TST. And if not, has talked with super reliable people who have. He's been using fatter modern skis for a bunch of years. I'm pretty sure he'll pick up anything submitted through the contact page at untracked - or return any phone messages pretty quickly if he is not around. He's another guy whose ski opinions I trust a ton.

 

It is safe to say that these guys, plus the usual epic locals, plus REI plus backcountry.com all deliver a reliable buying experience if you know what you want and they have it. But if you are after info/advice for this type of ski, evo and untracked are where I'd go ( and reward for the quality of info they have accumulated and provide ). 

 

 

 


Edited by spindrift - 6/12/11 at 9:19pm
post #19 of 22

Check out www.asogear.com

 

Located in Ontario and includes free shipping.

post #20 of 22

X2 for Action Sports especially but not just if you are Canadian.

post #21 of 22

If you have access to a decent shop think about buying from them.  1) support local business 2) if you need to warranty the skis they should do it for you 3) you'll likely save on tuning and mounting 4) on line prices are generally not significantly better than store prices--the manufacturers usually specify the minimum price (which changes as the season goes on). Most really good deals are end of season deals for leftovers--less popular skis or sizes.  Manufacturers have cut back on the number of skis they make and popular sizes of popular skis usually sell out, sometimes early in the season. BTW--while shopping for Sidestashes last season I found that REI dropped their price a week or two before everyone else--I assume they had a deal with K to let them do that, based on volume.

post #22 of 22
I purchased a pair of skis from Dawg. I live in Oz and he sent them to Canada so they were waiting for me when I got there. Very happy with his service.

I have purchased a few things from Levelnine and there service is excellent and very reasonaby priced. $50 to deliver skis from Utah to Aus . They arrived in 4 days:D Outstanding service and a killer deal on a pair of skis I really enjoy ( ninthward THA 187).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
This thread is locked  
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Best place to buy skis online?