- 6 Posts. Joined 10/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
There a few important differences between the two bindings.
1. The Jester goes up to 16 Din while the Baron goes up to 12
2. The Jester has some more metal peices rather than the plastic on the Baron, such as magnesium toe wings, and I believe the heel tower is also metal.
3. The Jester (pair) weighs 1990grams while the Baron weighs 2400 grams.
4. The Griffon is more comparable to the Baron, while the Jester is more comparable to the Duke.
Personally I went with the Baron, and after about 50 days this season on them I have had no issues whatsoever. I even had a nasty wreck towards the start of the season where I busted the tail off of one of my skis, I just pulled the Barons off and put them on the new skis. I was actually quite surprised to see that there was no damage to the binding other than superficial scratches.
In my opinion I cant tell the difference when riding my Barons vs. my opther alpine binders other than the stack height. The big bonus is being able to climb with them to get some lift accessed sidecountry.