New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What to do with wax?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
 So I picked up some of the glowing One Ball Jay Glow Wax to play with when I ski Friday night. I noticed the container said to hot wax, but not scrape. I'm only putting it on the back 1/3rd of my skis. I just drizzled some wax on and ironed it around. So do I do anything more with it or thats it?
post #2 of 11
 That's snowboard wax! You've ruined your skis!....................................................................................................

Haha, just kidding. Why wax only the tails?
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
From what I've been reading the stuff can get really messy when it gets wet. Plus if the resort complains about the green trails it won't be as hard to scrape off if it's just on the tails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by telerod15 View Post

 That's snowboard wax! You've ruined your skis!....................................................................................................

Haha, just kidding. Why wax only the tails?
post #4 of 11
facepalm.jpg
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Something I should know about this wax that I'm currently not aware of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR0SS View Post

facepalm.jpg
post #6 of 11
This is one of the best threads I've read in a while.
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post

Something I should know about this wax that I'm currently not aware of?
 


 

alot, so much young padawin! 

Ill be back later to try express in words how dumb your thread is unless someone hopefully beats me to it.
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Anyone care to rip my incompetency? I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong before I pack my skis tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post




alot, so much young padawin! 

Ill be back later to try express in words how dumb your thread is unless someone hopefully beats me to it.
post #9 of 11
Errr... Not familiar with the product so I looked it up.  I am not sure how this could work - esp in the daytime.  There is so little wax I cannot understand how it "glows."  As for waxing just the tails...seems like kinda a waste of time.  If you are doing it - do the whole ski.

If you really want to leave trails - I say skip the wax and drink some mushroom tea.
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
It definitely leaves a glowing trail. I wiped the excess off my iron and got it wet and it turned from dark red to a glowing green color. I assume the no scrape thing was so that as you skied the wax would get rubbed off by the snow and leaves a trail since the glowing is a result of a reaction from getting wet. I just wasn't sure if I should scrape it a few times so there's not an uneven coating of wax. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer256 View Post

Errr... Not familiar with the product so I looked it up.  I am not sure how this could work - esp in the daytime.  There is so little wax I cannot understand how it "glows."  As for waxing just the tails...seems like kinda a waste of time.  If you are doing it - do the whole ski.

If you really want to leave trails - I say skip the wax and drink some mushroom tea.
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post

It definitely leaves a glowing trail. I wiped the excess off my iron and got it wet and it turned from dark red to a glowing green color. I assume the no scrape thing was so that as you skied the wax would get rubbed off by the snow and leaves a trail since the glowing is a result of a reaction from getting wet......

Was this you? Come on fess up!

attachment.php?attachmentid=73212
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs