- 8,407 Posts. Joined 3/2004
- Location: Maryland
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemBlue Knobtagged by System, 4/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD, west PA) Last post on Today at 6:14 pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- What's your COLDEST ever ski experience? Last post on 6/30/16 at 3:45am in General Skiing Discussion
- 2015-2016 Midwest Season...What's Coming? Last post on 9/21/16 at 8:40am in General Skiing Discussion
- 2016 EpicSki Mid-Atlantic Gathering Preliminary Planning Thread Last post on 9/18/15 at 5:26am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Blue Knob Feb28 - March 1 Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:43pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
The Valentines Day Massacre at Blue Knob - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For those who don't know Bunny Hop is the old name for Jack Rabbit.
Went there today with DSloan (a new Epic member and supporter) and had a great day on the hill. Some warmup runs on Expressway and Jack Rabbit and then over to Stembogan and a bunch of runs on Lower High Hopes and one trip down Deer Run before lunch.
Started snowing like crazy while we were inside eating and snowed all afternoon. Probably 3-4 inches on the ground by the time we had to leave at 4pm. Afternoon consisted of a couple of runs on Extrovert, a few more on High Hopes and one on Edgeset and D-Trail (poach). Also another run on Stembogan and a couple of trips through the ditch glades (lots of fun in there!). One more run down Deer Run before heading up the triple to the car.
Ride home to Pittsburgh was pretty sketchy with all of the snow. A 2 hour trip ended up being close to 3.
Supposed to get some snow most of the days this week so the gathering next weekend should see very good conditions! Looking forward to seeing those of you I've met again, and meeting those I haven't yet on Sunday.
There was no rope across D-Trail on Sunday, but it was definitely a sketchy drop-in. Only a couple of places to go that didnt involve bashing your bases against a rock.
I figure the rope across the top of East Wall Glade was more to prevent people from bushwacking if they werent prepared for it rather than it really being closed.
The rope was up at the top part because it was basically unskiable with the overgrowth of trees.
- The Valentines Day Massacre at Blue Knob
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 8 minutes ago
- › How many sizes of skis will my child go through? 11 minutes ago
- › Bode News 16 minutes ago
- › what is the best advice you have on accident documentation? 25 minutes ago
- › Ski size question 32 minutes ago
- › Hard ear racing helmet for oddly shaped U10 head 35 minutes ago
- › AirBnB and VRBO Versus Ski Town Zoning Ordinances 46 minutes ago
- › Help me analyse some of my turns? 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD,... 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 2 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer