- 8,408 Posts. Joined 3/2004
- Location: Maryland
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemBlue Knobtagged by System, 4/26/11
Related Forum Threads
- 2016-17 Southeast/Mid-Atlantic meetups, weather (NC, VA, WV, MD, west PA) Last post on 3/23/17 at 3:59pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- What's your COLDEST ever ski experience? Last post on 1/29/17 at 5:41pm in General Skiing Discussion
- 2015-2016 Midwest Season...What's Coming? Last post on 9/21/16 at 8:40am in General Skiing Discussion
- 2016 EpicSki Mid-Atlantic Gathering Preliminary Planning Thread Last post on 9/18/15 at 5:26am in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
- Blue Knob Feb28 - March 1 Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:43pm in Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
The Valentines Day Massacre at Blue Knob - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For those who don't know Bunny Hop is the old name for Jack Rabbit.
Went there today with DSloan (a new Epic member and supporter) and had a great day on the hill. Some warmup runs on Expressway and Jack Rabbit and then over to Stembogan and a bunch of runs on Lower High Hopes and one trip down Deer Run before lunch.
Started snowing like crazy while we were inside eating and snowed all afternoon. Probably 3-4 inches on the ground by the time we had to leave at 4pm. Afternoon consisted of a couple of runs on Extrovert, a few more on High Hopes and one on Edgeset and D-Trail (poach). Also another run on Stembogan and a couple of trips through the ditch glades (lots of fun in there!). One more run down Deer Run before heading up the triple to the car.
Ride home to Pittsburgh was pretty sketchy with all of the snow. A 2 hour trip ended up being close to 3.
Supposed to get some snow most of the days this week so the gathering next weekend should see very good conditions! Looking forward to seeing those of you I've met again, and meeting those I haven't yet on Sunday.
There was no rope across D-Trail on Sunday, but it was definitely a sketchy drop-in. Only a couple of places to go that didnt involve bashing your bases against a rock.
I figure the rope across the top of East Wall Glade was more to prevent people from bushwacking if they werent prepared for it rather than it really being closed.
The rope was up at the top part because it was basically unskiable with the overgrowth of trees.
- The Valentines Day Massacre at Blue Knob
- › Park Ski Tuning 35 minutes ago
- › Mammoth Mountain for 2016-2017 48 minutes ago
- › Thinking about moving from Atomic Blackeye 167 to the Blackeye TI... 58 minutes ago
- › MA request for tree / off-piste skiing 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Aspen end of March?? 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › So the NE is going to have a "weather event starting Thursady night... 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Stockli Laser SC: a ski everyone who takes their skiing seriously... 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › How do I screw bindings on Stockli speedplates? 3 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Anyone had MSC (aka Regenexx) done to knee and ski'd to tell about it? 4 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › New ski advice [northeast, Mantra? Bonafide?] 4 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview