or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › The best park skis are obviously...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The best park skis are obviously...

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Lots of people on this board ask about what the best park ski is, and MOST people say the Volkl BRIDGE!! This is laughable because the best park skis are obviously the Rossi S4s.  I mean, those skis propelled 2 of the top 3 skiers to the podium for the winter x games in 2010 and won in 2009 too!  How come Rossi almost never even comes up in the conversation of park skis?  You can only be as good as your tools people.
post #2 of 18

The Volkl Bridge isn't really a park ski.

post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 

I know they are no Pocket Rockets, but still...


Edited by guroo270 - 2/5/10 at 2:39pm
post #4 of 18
pipecleaners, thalls ar7's volkl walls ledge?
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
 You can only be as good as your tools people.

Take a look at Stein Ericksen and tell us that one again. He does it on wood skis and lace up leather boots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqjnOOedgtM
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post




Take a look at Stein Ericksen and tell us that one again. He does it on wood skis and lace up leather boots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqjnOOedgtM


 

I saw 10 year olds doing that off of natural features last night.

So lets not compare a single axis front flip to what kids are doing in the park/pipe these days. Or did you just want to slip in the obligitory "Stein did it back in the day"
post #7 of 18
What skis were those ten year olds using?
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmay11 View Post

The Volkl Bridge isn't really a park ski.



   Yeah I would say they are an All Mountain Ski that does well in the park...
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post

 You can only be as good as your tools people.

Is that like the pool player blaming the pool cue?
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag View Post




Is that like the pool player blaming the pool cue?
not a decent argument considering i could beat stephen hendry if he had a bad cue and i had a true one
post #11 of 18
Don't knock the S4.  I have a pair.  I think they're superior to all the 80-85mm twin-tips I've tried over the years.  Their biggest drawback is they're from a mainstream company so owning isn't cool.
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
man, I thought this would turn into an all out flame fest.  I need to consult Chaos.  Be back later.  I mean, come on guys...skis propelling someone to a podium?
post #13 of 18
In the X-Games its not the skis, its the energy drinks that matter which is why I'm always chugging Amps while riding the chair.
post #14 of 18
Thread Starter 
You are right.  My trolling needs work.
post #15 of 18
Those s4s were really Volkls with Rossi topsheets.
post #16 of 18
Like 85% of the competitors I saw (between big air, pipe, and slopestyle) were sporting Salomon sticks (I assume the Dumont, but I really have no clue). Therefore Salomon clearly makes the most extreme skis on the planet. We should all go buy some immediately.
post #17 of 18
Don't knock the Dumonts......they are a great ski.  I had a pair but my son liked them so much I gave them to him & got the S4.  So, if all the competitors are on S4s and Dumonts and we continually recommend the K2 Explorer/PE the question should be are the competitors a bunch of clueless park rats or is this forum full of clueless posers who like their PEs because their skis never lose contact with the snow until they pick them up at the end of the day to carry them back to the care.
post #18 of 18
Thread Starter 
oooooooo, i like the fire in your argument.  and it's valid!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › The best park skis are obviously...