EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Favorite Skiing moment of the X Games?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Favorite Skiing moment of the X Games?

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
 For those of you so inclined to watch ESPN's annual plug at winter sports thought I'd inquire what your favorite/best moment of the Games were.
Skiing wise I'd have to say it was Bobby Brown doing an insane Double Cork 1440. So hard I cant even do it with a pen.
Also hoping Daron Rhalves makes a recovery in time for Vancouver, but it doesn't sound good.
The snowboard wreck during Snowboarder X heats was fun too, gotta love a good snowboard pileup, although I do feel bad for the guy that ended up with a concussion, broken ribs, and cut open chest.
post #2 of 16
My favorite moment is when I discovered that Tanner Hall wasn't competing.
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylrwnzl View Post

 For those of you so inclined to watch ESPN's annual plug at winter sports thought I'd inquire what your favorite/best moment of the Games were.
Skiing wise I'd have to say it was Bobby Brown doing an insane Double Cork 1440. So hard I cant even do it with a pen.
Also hoping Daron Rhalves makes a recovery in time for Vancouver, but it doesn't sound good.
The snowboard wreck during Snowboarder X heats was fun too, gotta love a good snowboard pileup, although I do feel bad for the guy that ended up with a concussion, broken ribs, and cut open chest.

 


WTF? Seriously?
post #4 of 16
I didn't see any skiing - just guys flipping around in the air. Did they have a skiing event?

I did like all the rebellious anti-establishment snowboarders in their trendy outfits and sponsor sticker plastered boards tho.
post #5 of 16
Watching Shaun White bite it hard when he was trying to do a trick on the half pipe, not that I wish ill-will upon the kid, I just thought it was entertaining. Then he went on to do his thing and get another gold, so more power to'm.
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post

My favorite moment is when I discovered that Tanner Hall wasn't competing.

I noticed he was still there to grab the microphone from the French guy who won the Pipe.
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post




I noticed he was still there to grab the microphone from the French guy who won the Pipe.



Ya, still there to steal the moment huh? WTF
post #8 of 16
 The snowmobile flips were amazing..
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crvehrdorgohome View Post

Watching Shaun White...
 

He was there? Didn't notice, wish they would have mentioned his name.

Bobby Brown victory back-flip.
post #10 of 16
 Ok ..there doing big air, alot of which rewuires height and distance.. wouldnt you pull up your pants and not wear such a oversize hooded down parka.
post #11 of 16

Shaun white biting it was pretty awsome, then watching him watch himself bite it and laugh was good, snowmobile freestyle was pretty sweet but ive gotta give it up for the monoski boys. That just looks incredibly hard and they somehow manage to land some pretty big airs. Awsome guys in an awsome sport.

post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by polariso View Post

 The snowmobile flips were amazing..
 


I've gotta agree. Sledding has come a long long way in the past decade.
post #13 of 16
Thread Starter 
Thought I'd get a reaction out of you on that; and yes seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecimmortal View Post





WTF? Seriously?
post #14 of 16
 I was gonna say that anything bobby brown did was my favorite, but as I sat down and watched the highlights (after watching every second I could) I found myself forcing my fiance to watch the monoskiers.  Those guys clearing the last jump, and the second place guy making the x and then the epic spill...that was exciting.  
I'm just wondering when the x games is gonna get sued for the first death that happens.  That's all I could think about when I was watching the halfpipe big air comp.  I just can't think that they are not going to be held responsible for encouraging people to do some of this stuff.  I hope, very much, that no one in that event ever flat lands on their head in the bottom of the pipe.  I'm sure there are waivers and stuff, but yeah...
On another note, how boring was the snowmobile long jump, especially the first round?
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag View Post


Bobby Brown victory back-flip.
 

I haven't seen every day but that whole comp was really cool.  The backflip was a great conclusion.
post #16 of 16
You guys are such SKIERS.....a pile of snowboarders is a "hogpile" in snowboarding terminology....
My favorite moments are the skicross/boardercross events-the monoski skicross with adaptive skiers was amazing....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Favorite Skiing moment of the X Games?