New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Join the Kneissl Pro Team!

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Kneissl North America is looking to affiliate with a limited number of hot skiers (instructors, freeriders, park and pipe skiers) to create buzz on the hill by forming a Kneissl Pro team.  We're going to start small with a limited number of sponsorships, but over the next year will create opportunities for you to have your 15 minutes of fame through our development of online promotions, regional events and Kneissl promotional videos.

If you'd like to apply, send us a PM.

Mike
post #2 of 18
 Mike are you at SIA? I wills top by. 
post #3 of 18
Nice to see a North American presence again. I see some old familiar names in the current line up too.

Here's a couple from back in the day...



Early White Star W, Blue Star, Acrobat, Red Star, White Star SL
post #4 of 18
Hi Mike,

Take a look at the Midwest leagues.  Most of us have only groomed slopes available, that many of your skis target, and there are numerous junior and adult race leagues where folks appreciate the chance to try out new equipment.
post #5 of 18


hi Rossi,Ive just bought some Kneissl pro rs white stars,could you tell me a bit about them they are in mint condition and couldnt pass on them as they were only £1 god I love ebay.

 

 

 !B20FfSQBGk~$(KGrHqV,!i0E)sLewfY+BMj8+,v-rw~~_12.jpg
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi Smash View Post

Nice to see a North American presence again. I see some old familiar names in the current line up too.

Here's a couple from back in the day...



Early White Star W, Blue Star, Acrobat, Red Star, White Star SL
post #6 of 18

Ahhh, Kneissl Blue Star... I worked at Snowmass in 1971 and learned on a pair of 205cm Blue Stars..I was told it was a beginner ski ?!!!

I skied 75 days that year, so I sort of grew into them.

 

Robert/Proconcierge

post #7 of 18

This is good news! I REALLY want to try the Kneissl Fly Stars, but could not find them anywhere to buy, and definitely wouldn't be able to find any to demo. Hopefully this promotional effort will lead to more publicity, and then hopefully we'll see some on the shelves at the mountain-side shops. Any chance of that happening this season?

post #8 of 18

This thread started in January...

post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post

This is good news! I REALLY want to try the Kneissl Fly Stars, but could not find them anywhere to buy, and definitely wouldn't be able to find any to demo. Hopefully this promotional effort will lead to more publicity, and then hopefully we'll see some on the shelves at the mountain-side shops.

 

FWIW, I'm still curious about their dual-radius system.

 

*gazes fondly at his pair of Kneissl TeleStars  that made turns in front of the Swedish embassy last season*

post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by comprex View Post



 

FWIW, I'm still curious about their dual-radius system.

 

 


I'd like to see a pair of skis with slightly different radiuses inside versus outside.  Swap skis left and right to go from a 12 to a 21?  Might get a little sketchy putting a bit too much weight in the inside ski though,

post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgildart View Post


I'd like to see a pair of skis with slightly different radiuses inside versus outside.  Swap skis left and right to go from a 12 to a 21?  Might get a little sketchy putting a bit too much weight in the inside ski though,

 

Have you skied /offset/ radii yet?

post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post

This thread started in January...



That's OK.    Hopefully the good retro memories will erase the "nasty evil cap ski from the late '90s sold at discount by the bulkload at Sports Authority" images.

post #13 of 18

Go find an Atomic Beta Race 9.26, they used two different radii. the concept was it would allow the inside ski to carve the same as the outside ski in a pure carve.

post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteroom View Post

Go find an Atomic Beta Race 9.26, they used two different radii. the concept was it would allow the inside ski to carve the same as the outside ski in a pure carve.



Didn't they have that on a later ski also?   I want to say 9'11?

post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by comprex View Post





Didn't they have that on a later ski also?   I want to say 9'11?



the atomic numbers indicate first stiffness and then turn radius, like 11-26 would be their stiffest ski flex with a 26 meter TR, a 9-18, their medium stiffness with an 18meter TR. so, 11 is normally their stiffness indicator, not TR, as that would be hella' tight TR

post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by davluri View Post

the atomic numbers indicate first stiffness and then turn radius, like 11-26 would be their stiffest ski flex with a 26 meter TR, a 9-18, their medium stiffness with an 18meter TR. so, 11 is normally their stiffness indicator, not TR, as that would be hella' tight TR


You are correct about the numbers, but like Spinal Tap, Atomic changed it's numbers after the asymmetric 9.26, at the time '9' was the loudest... err, stiffest.

post #17 of 18


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davluri View Post

the atomic numbers indicate first stiffness and then turn radius, like 11-26 would be their stiffest ski flex with a 26 meter TR, a 9-18, their medium stiffness with an 18meter TR. so, 11 is normally their stiffness indicator, not TR, as that would be hella' tight T

 

 

Yup.     As I said,  9'11
.

 

2519450415ix2.jpg

 

 

 

You can make out a bit of the asymmetry if you look closely down at the tails.

 

They also had a 9.10  that was symmetrical.     You'll see those crop up on Ebay every now and then - look for funky brown/pumpkin topsheets in a sort of tortoise shell pattern.

 

narty023ze.jpg

 

 

 

   WICKED fun, because the TR was hella'tight.


Edited by comprex - 11/2/10 at 2:37pm
post #18 of 18

holy cr%p!

yes, I see the variation in the tail from inside to outside edge, which indicates a right and left ski, as in the tips.

wow, whatever floats your boat, but jeez, that is a tight-ass ski, er TR.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion