EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Any SLC Ski Resorts with long runs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any SLC Ski Resorts with long runs

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Which SLC resorts have long ski runs? Heard Snowbasin has them but haven't been there. Snowbird and Alta doesn't have them unless you consider a transversing access road a long ski run.
post #2 of 7
How long?  The places that you referred to all have at least 2k vertical dont they?  Is that not enough?
post #3 of 7
Alta has great long runs, and no boarders too.  I understand the thing about access/snow cat runs, they dont count.  But heck, most places out west have decent runs.  Try going to the Midwest - its start, turn, turn, stop, lift line time.
post #4 of 7
Snowbird - from the top of the Tram - Isn't Chips Run from the top of the tram to the bottom long enough - try racing the tram on it LOL. 2,900 vertical if your really into it just take the "blacks" Primrose Path right down the face.
Alta - From the top of Sugarloaf Lift - Collins Retrurn to Mombo to Meadow to either Rustler Cat Track or directly to Corkscrew LOL make that run without a couple of beathing stops LOL just over 2,000 vertical
These are both Blue marked trails - Oh yeh, where do you normally ski?
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTCold View Post

Snowbird and Alta doesn't have them unless you consider a transversing access road a long ski run.


I know what you mean.  And they barely get any snow either.  Hardly worth going.
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTCold View Post

Which SLC resorts have long ski runs? Heard Snowbasin has them but haven't been there. Snowbird and Alta doesn't have them unless you consider a transversing access road a long ski run.

Please go post this at TGR so I can enjoy the reponses
you sir are gaper
post #7 of 7




Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post





I know what you mean.  And they barely get any snow either.  Hardly worth going.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › Any SLC Ski Resorts with long runs