or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Trip Reports  › TR: Jackson Hole 1/17-24/10
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TR: Jackson Hole 1/17-24/10 - Page 6

post #151 of 188
Rachael and Noofus Rocked!  Noof, for skiing 4 years, you are so ahead of the game, keep up the good work! You did just fine; you got a good taste of Aspens at the Ghee and it's all downhill from there my friend....

Rachael is awesome, charges any line and skis very well. She just needs new poles......
post #152 of 188
TC, I had no choice- I had to try to keep up with you at snowmass! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post



It would take a lot to have a ski WOW like the Kastles.  
If Fin was skiing at JH anything like he was skiing at Snowmass, then he was on fire!  Finndog Rocks!!!

 
post #153 of 188
Yeah - I try and keep up with Noofus! We've both been skiing the same amount of time - hes got a lot more "GIT ER DONE" than me though :) Ive been working hard to be the slow person in the 'gang' sometime soon!

Knee update - ortho appointment next tuesday ... we'll see what happens
post #154 of 188
Oh Lovebug, you do just fine as well, I didn't get a chance to ski with you much but you are well on your way! 
post #155 of 188
Im not complaining - just aspiring! And wishing i was in the land of snow ;)
post #156 of 188
I know you weren't!!!  You don't complain.  
post #157 of 188
You're too kind. I attribute 80% of the charging I was doing to the K2 MissBehaveds. ;)

When are you going to get your pics up somewhere where I can get them? I remember you having a few nice ones of me. :)

I just put the pink cowboy sticker on the head tube of my bike. It compliments the pink chain nicely. :)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Finndog View Post

...

Rachael is awesome, charges any line and skis very well. She just needs new poles......
post #158 of 188

Sports fans - attached is a short little video Kawo was nice enough to take of me on Sunday.  As you can tell, the mountain is bare, the skiing bad, and no fun being had by anyone!

My 3 day extension ended today - a few more inches last night, the mountain was skiing great.   Walk on Trams all day, no lift lines, lots of great snow and some leftover pow if you know where to look.  

 

Thanks to all the great Bears and the locals for showing us around.   Big props to TPJ for showing us the goods the past few days, SIJ and his awesome family, and Bob for his tour.

Had a great time and hope to come back soon.
 

post #159 of 188
 Well, Holy Crap, what a great collection of stoke this is here!!  Thanks for all the buzz.

I can't believe I missed the epic dump by exactly 1 year to the day.  On 1/24/09, my little group skied the day at Targhee and did get some nice freshies.  But on 1/24/10, they got 33" for the day!!!  Dayyumm.  And JH had epic conditions all week too.  

Congratulations, and stay as far away from me as you can.  I'll be in Telluride and CB in 5 weeks.  I'm due.  Way overdue, but stay away from us, just to be safe.

Glad to see the Big One delivered the goods!
post #160 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireball


Sports fans - attached is a short little video Kawo was nice enough to take of me on Sunday.  As you can tell, the mountain is bare, the skiing bad, and no fun being had by anyone!

 


Fireball,

Understated as usual. You and Kawo, bell to bell as usual? Nice skiing.

Folks, these two guys just kept going when just about everybody else had packed it in. Ironman awards to both, and, Ironwoman to Rachel.

Great to ski with you both. Let's do it again.
post #161 of 188
Here is one more little video.   This was taken from the middle third or so of Rendezvous Bowl off the Tram.   This was taken Sunday - the day the rest of the folks were sitting on planes heading home  :)     I'm not sure if we ever found out if all the poles you see were there to mark rocks/hazards or just to help with visibility.  


Please forgive the video quality - it seems Kawo's camera has a problem - on all the videos taken over the last few days there have been lots and lots of white dots moving all over the screen  ;)
post #162 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireball View Post

Please forgive the video quality - it seems Kawo's camera has a problem - on all the videos taken over the last few days there have been lots and lots of white dots moving all over the screen  ;)

And how do you spell "snowflakes"?

Fun video.
post #163 of 188
 Nice vids!  It was fun skiing with you again this trip.  Come back soon and bring the snow with you.  I hope kawo is doing better with his ankle for the camp and did Brian hook up for the skis?  
post #164 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelv View Post

You're too kind. I attribute 80% of the charging I was doing to the K2 MissBehaveds. ;)

When are you going to get your pics up somewhere where I can get them? I remember you having a few nice ones of me. :)

I just put the pink cowboy sticker on the head tube of my bike. It compliments the pink chain nicely. :)


 



 


The MisBehaves were only a part, the rider still makes it happen!  PM me with E-mail and I will send over.
post #165 of 188
Ran into Fireball & Kawo last light in the shop.  They had a great extra few days.  Too bad I coundn't catch up with them...


It's still snowing!  You guys brought the snows, then left them behind!
post #166 of 188
Kawo vs granite = home early Actually, hitting the rock wasn't the problem. It was the ensuing fall that sprained my ankle. The sprain is mild, but after thinking long and hard I decided to head home early. Skiing in Steep&Deep camp is challenging enough with an intact body. While I am sad to leave early, I have no regrets and an excuse to come back in March. I enjoyed skiing with you all. It was a particular pleasure and an honor to ski with Bob, SIJ and TPJ. You guys make this mountain very special.
post #167 of 188
Oh man, sorry to hear it! That must have been a pretty solid fall to sprain your ankle while in a ski boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawo View Post

Kawo vs granite = home early Actually, hitting the rock wasn't the problem. It was the ensuing fall that sprained my ankle. The sprain is mild, but after thinking long and hard I decided to head home early. Skiing in Steep&Deep camp is challenging enough with an intact body. While I am sad to leave early, I have no regrets and an excuse to come back in March. I enjoyed skiing with you all. It was a particular pleasure and an honor to ski with Bob, SIJ and TPJ. You guys make this mountain very special.
post #168 of 188
Good decision kawo, keep it moving and heal up. Sprains can haunt you for a long time. 

Truly enjoyed skiing with you.  March?  HMMMM.....
post #169 of 188
 I'm so sorry that you didn't do your camp!  
post #170 of 188
I posted the few videos I have from the day at Targhee:
http://magnetbox.org/crap/targhee/

They're kind of short, but fun, and in ***HD***! ;)

Finndog, I missed both of your drop ins -- sorry!
post #171 of 188
 I like Finn's commentary on his own skiing.
post #172 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawo View Post
...home early...

Sucks.  Steep and Deep camps are fun.

Recent snows = really fun camp!  Sorry you had to split.  Are you coming out again this year!
post #173 of 188
All that snow and now the sun comes out. The camp must be a total blast. Not fair, but things happen. I'll take an ankle sprain over a knee injury any day. I want to come back in March, if I can.
post #174 of 188
you gotta' call them like you ski them!   it was not my best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

 I like Finn's commentary on his own skiing.
post #175 of 188
Just noticed these from our day at Targhee. The run is "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly". Finndog says this is "The Bad".

Fireball jumping in:



Rachel jumping in:



Phil jumping in

post #176 of 188
 I see you got Phil's good side. 
post #177 of 188
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

 I see you got Phil's good side. 


 I have a bad side? 
post #178 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post

 I see you got Phil's good side. 

Yep--notice the smile...
post #179 of 188
no, its just a less than his best side, no bad side....
post #180 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philpug View Post





 I have a bad side? 
 

Well.. the side opposite that picture looks like this...


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trip Reports
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Trip Reports  › TR: Jackson Hole 1/17-24/10