EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Feedback/Tech Talk › The Bug Report › Stuck in thread after posting
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stuck in thread after posting

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I've been unable--intermittently--to "escape" from a thread to which I've added a posting.

What happens is I submit the post, it appears, and then I can't use any of the navigation tools to get out of that thread.  Only way out is hit the "back" button.

This will happen once or several times one day and then not happen again.  Sometimes it'll happen the second or third posting of a day and then not happen further that day.  Some days it's the same thing all day.

I'm using IE7 with XP on a Lenovo laptop.
post #2 of 17
Been having the same problem on and off. 

Found that if you hit the refresh button, it will give you a hall pass and you can go on from there.
post #3 of 17
In IE, there is a random bug that causes the first click on the page to not behave properly.  When you find you're stuck in a thread, do you find none of the links function even after clicking several times?  Are there any specific navigation links that do not respond properly?  Thanks for your help!
post #4 of 17
Thread Starter 
When stuck, all the navigation buttons except the back arrow result in jumping back to the posting.  Only the back arrow has let me escape when stuck like that.   Haven't tried the refresh button but will do so next opportunity.
post #5 of 17
I'll test on my IE7 to see if I can replicate.  Thanks! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneale Brownson View Post

When stuck, all the navigation buttons except the back arrow result in jumping back to the posting.  Only the back arrow has let me escape when stuck like that.   Haven't tried the refresh button but will do so next opportunity.
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by stins View Post

In IE, there is a random bug that causes the first click on the page to not behave properly.  When you find you're stuck in a thread, do you find none of the links function even after clicking several times?  Are there any specific navigation links that do not respond properly?  Thanks for your help!
 
Same problem here. (same setup)

No, the problem doesn't affect other sites nor other tabs. Only the Epic page.
 
Makes me VERY reluctant to post AT ALL! (which is a good thing because I don't waste so much time on a ski forum when I should be skiing)

I need to go now. Because after this post, I can't read other pages.
post #7 of 17
Use firefox.  IE sucks balls.
post #8 of 17
Can you let me know what plugins you're running on your IE set up?  There may be something conflicting.  Thanks.
post #9 of 17
Thread Starter 
I have no idea (70-year-old noncomputer ski junkie here) what "plugins" means.  I just have IE7 the way it comes out of the box.
post #10 of 17
I'll keep testing to see if I can reproduce the same problem.  Thanks.
post #11 of 17
This problem has been here for months,  I'm almost certain---although I didn;t do a search..that it has been mentioned more than this time in Jan 2010...

Bonni and I have had the same, intermittent issues---her more than I actually.

I am usually on IE7 and XP home fully updated and she is on Vista and IE7 also both fully updated.
post #12 of 17
Thread Starter 
Got worse today.  Could not post at all using IE.

Using Firefox now, but that program has issues on the other websites I visit.

I'm still wondering how many Epic users just don't come back when IE--the most universally used browser, I believe--won't work here.

I had similar issues with IE6, so it isn't just an IE7 "bug".
post #13 of 17
Your issues with firefox may be due to some plugins you have to install, things like flash and java.  I haven't had any odd problems IE seems to have such as yours since switching over.
post #14 of 17
Thread Starter 

The places I have trouble with Firefox have other participants with similar problems using Firefox.

 

If plugins means Java, I have a current Java application installed.

post #15 of 17
Java is definitely one of the plugins you should have, but there are a few that you could need for certain webpages.  Plugins is just kind of a general name for applications to add on to your browser.  I guess there's always the possibility that you have a problem with your computer, or that the web page itself occasionally has problems.  Sorry I can't really troubleshoot it over the net, just giving some ideas that might help.
post #16 of 17
Thanks for the helpful suggestions, lemmiwinks! 

Kneale, we're still troubleshooting on this end.  I'll keep you posted.
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_j View Post

This problem has been here for months,  I'm almost certain---although I didn;t do a search..that it has been mentioned more than this time in Jan 2010...

Bonni and I have had the same, intermittent issues---her more than I actually.

I am usually on IE7 and XP home fully updated and she is on Vista and IE7 also both fully updated.

 

I can't believe the "dev team" can't even "reproduce" the bug after all this time!

I have IE7 on Vista at home and IE6 on XP at work. BOTH have the same problem about 90% of the time!!!

And during the gathering, I've overheard others mentioning the same issue. So the problem is much more widely spread. It's just everyone got so dog gone tired of reporting the numerous bugs, and then it got left for MONTHS without being fixed. They stop reporting them!

They either live with them or not bother posting any more!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Bug Report
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Feedback/Tech Talk › The Bug Report › Stuck in thread after posting