RIP Maddie and our condolences to your family and friends.
- brandSlidewrighttagged by System, 1/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Edge Tune Pro?? Last post on 5/1/12 at 6:20am in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
- Baffled About How to Use the Swix Economy Sidewall Planer??? Last post on 4/28/12 at 5:21pm in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
- Tuning a RACE SKI Last post on 10/24/13 at 5:36pm in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
- Props to Slidewright for sponsoring Epic hats Last post on 3/11/12 at 6:58am in Community Discussions & Forum News
- Introducing an industry first: Two-Sided Hone Diamond Stones from Tools4Boards Last post on 4/30/12 at 4:45am in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
Edge Tuning So Easy Even An Adult Can Do It
Last edited: 4/19/11
- Spring Snow Base PreparationLast edited: 4/24/11
- Waxing Light Hot ScrapingLast edited: 4/19/11
- Base Repair OptionsLast edited: 4/26/11
- That Pesky Hanging BurrLast edited: 4/23/11
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Bayfield girl dies in Durango Mountain Resort ski crashpost #1 of 81/7/10 at 9:22pmThread Starterpost #2 of 81/8/10 at 5:32ampost #3 of 81/8/10 at 5:46ampost #4 of 81/8/10 at 5:57ampost #5 of 81/8/10 at 6:24amThread StarterQuote:Quote:
In a telephone interview Wednesday, Mike Milner said Bayfield students had the day off Tuesday for a districtwide meeting among staff members. Maddie went to Purgatory with several of her friends to go skiing - one of her favorite activities, he said.
She sent three text messages and pictures to her parents throughout the day expressing the fun she was having, Mike Milner said.
While skiing with her friends, Maddie hit a tree and suffered an injury to her liver, he said. The unconscious girl was airlifted to Mercy. Her parents were at the hospital before she arrived, but she never regained consciousness, he said.
Maddie was a good skier and was proud of her helmet, Mike Milner said.
My wife said she thought she read earlier in the day in the online newspaper that the girl was skiing with friends and turned her head around to say something, then turned back around and ran into a tree that was right there. Not sure if this is true, but sad nevertheless. Sounded like a sweet girl.post #6 of 81/8/10 at 6:50ampost #7 of 81/8/10 at 9:24amI can't even imagine... Makes me sick to my stomach. My 4 year old daughter, who is named Maddie, went up skiing with me for the first time this past week. Prayers to Maddie Milner and her friends and family...post #8 of 81/9/10 at 11:32amMy condolences to her Family. Its always the Bright, outgoing great people who we lose this way.
Bayfield High School student Madeline June Milner died Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2010, at Mercy Regional Medical Center. The death was the result of a skiing accident at Purgatory at Durango Mountain Resort. She was 14.
Known as “Maddie," she was born to Michel and Dianne Milner on July 17, 1995, in Durango. She was a straight-A student in the Bayfield School District, where both of her parents teach.
Maddie was a member of the Bayfield High School Student Council, played trumpet in the band, was a member of the cross country team and enjoyed soccer. Her family said she loved music and art, particularly drawing. They also said she was a “passionate and accomplished skier."
Maddie cherished her close bond with her sisters and parents, and loved spending time with her aunts, uncles, grandparents and extended family.
“She was adventurous and quick-witted with an amazing sense of humor," her family wrote. “She had a remarkable talent for bringing happiness to old and young."
Maddie is survived by her parents, Michel and Dianne Milner, of Bayfield; younger sisters Sydney Milner and Peri Ann Milner, both of Bayfield; grandparents David and Anna Marie Bishop of Durango and Bill and Pat Milner of Reno, Nev.; uncles Bill Bishop of Bayfield, Tim Bishop of Steamboat Springs, Merrill Milner of Tahoe City, Calif., and Mitch Milner of Truckee, Calif.; aunts Carolyn Koso of Loveland and Michelle Willer of Erie; and numerous cousins.
A memorial service will be held at 3 p.m. Monday, Jan. 11, 2010, at Pine Valley Foursquare Church, 1328 County Road 501 in Bayfield.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in Maddie's name at any Pine River Valley Bank branch.
- Bayfield girl dies in Durango Mountain Resort ski crash
- Spring Snow Base Preparation
- › Recommendation allmountain skis [to replace Armada TST] 28 minutes ago
- › What do you take when resort skiing? 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 2 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Christmas cancelled, trip moved to mid-Feb. Suggestions please? 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Big Sky 2016-2017 3 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Ski dimensions advice [2nd season in WA, bought used Solomon Scream W] 3 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › "The only people who want to carve any more..." 3 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Ski size question 3 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer