RIP Maddie and our condolences to your family and friends.
- brandSlidewrighttagged by System, 1/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Edge Tune Pro?? Last post on 5/1/12 at 6:20am in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
- Baffled About How to Use the Swix Economy Sidewall Planer??? Last post on 4/28/12 at 5:21pm in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
- Tuning a RACE SKI Last post on 10/24/13 at 5:36pm in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
- Props to Slidewright for sponsoring Epic hats Last post on 3/11/12 at 6:58am in Community Discussions & Forum News
- Introducing an industry first: Two-Sided Hone Diamond Stones from Tools4Boards Last post on 4/30/12 at 4:45am in Tuning, Maintenance and Repairs
Edge Tuning So Easy Even An Adult Can Do It
Last edited: 4/19/11
- Spring Snow Base PreparationLast edited: 4/24/11
- Waxing Light Hot ScrapingLast edited: 4/19/11
- Base Repair OptionsLast edited: 4/26/11
- That Pesky Hanging BurrLast edited: 4/23/11
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
This is the most incredibly over-the-top country-club-like resort we've been and we've skied all over USA. It's so cool I took pictures of the bathrooms! Beautifully done. Three gondolas keep...
I went to Maverick the day after a day at Big Sky and what a dramatic difference. As opposed to Big Sky's massive area (which seemed to me to ski much smaller than its size), hard skier packed...
Easily the best hill (let's not get crazy calling these mountains) in Minnesota. It's fairly spread out across four separate hills (though, I'd call them two). There's a gondola that connects the...
Bayfield girl dies in Durango Mountain Resort ski crashpost #1 of 81/7/10 at 9:22pmThread Starterpost #2 of 81/8/10 at 5:32ampost #3 of 81/8/10 at 5:46ampost #4 of 81/8/10 at 5:57ampost #5 of 81/8/10 at 6:24amThread StarterQuote:Quote:
In a telephone interview Wednesday, Mike Milner said Bayfield students had the day off Tuesday for a districtwide meeting among staff members. Maddie went to Purgatory with several of her friends to go skiing - one of her favorite activities, he said.
She sent three text messages and pictures to her parents throughout the day expressing the fun she was having, Mike Milner said.
While skiing with her friends, Maddie hit a tree and suffered an injury to her liver, he said. The unconscious girl was airlifted to Mercy. Her parents were at the hospital before she arrived, but she never regained consciousness, he said.
Maddie was a good skier and was proud of her helmet, Mike Milner said.
My wife said she thought she read earlier in the day in the online newspaper that the girl was skiing with friends and turned her head around to say something, then turned back around and ran into a tree that was right there. Not sure if this is true, but sad nevertheless. Sounded like a sweet girl.post #6 of 81/8/10 at 6:50ampost #7 of 81/8/10 at 9:24amI can't even imagine... Makes me sick to my stomach. My 4 year old daughter, who is named Maddie, went up skiing with me for the first time this past week. Prayers to Maddie Milner and her friends and family...post #8 of 81/9/10 at 11:32amMy condolences to her Family. Its always the Bright, outgoing great people who we lose this way.
Bayfield High School student Madeline June Milner died Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2010, at Mercy Regional Medical Center. The death was the result of a skiing accident at Purgatory at Durango Mountain Resort. She was 14.
Known as “Maddie," she was born to Michel and Dianne Milner on July 17, 1995, in Durango. She was a straight-A student in the Bayfield School District, where both of her parents teach.
Maddie was a member of the Bayfield High School Student Council, played trumpet in the band, was a member of the cross country team and enjoyed soccer. Her family said she loved music and art, particularly drawing. They also said she was a “passionate and accomplished skier."
Maddie cherished her close bond with her sisters and parents, and loved spending time with her aunts, uncles, grandparents and extended family.
“She was adventurous and quick-witted with an amazing sense of humor," her family wrote. “She had a remarkable talent for bringing happiness to old and young."
Maddie is survived by her parents, Michel and Dianne Milner, of Bayfield; younger sisters Sydney Milner and Peri Ann Milner, both of Bayfield; grandparents David and Anna Marie Bishop of Durango and Bill and Pat Milner of Reno, Nev.; uncles Bill Bishop of Bayfield, Tim Bishop of Steamboat Springs, Merrill Milner of Tahoe City, Calif., and Mitch Milner of Truckee, Calif.; aunts Carolyn Koso of Loveland and Michelle Willer of Erie; and numerous cousins.
A memorial service will be held at 3 p.m. Monday, Jan. 11, 2010, at Pine Valley Foursquare Church, 1328 County Road 501 in Bayfield.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in Maddie's name at any Pine River Valley Bank branch.
- Bayfield girl dies in Durango Mountain Resort ski crash
- Spring Snow Base Preparation
- › Can you please comment on my skiing? 10 minutes ago
- › L3 finally in the books 11 minutes ago
- › Using the ankles to maintain balance and to increase your skills 12 minutes ago
- › Upcoming Wasatch Trip - Mar 30 - Apr 4 25 minutes ago
- › Help! All Mountain or Frontside? (Volkl 81 RTM/Salomon 8.0/Atomic... 55 minutes ago
- › 2015 Tecnica Cochise 110 or Dynafit Radical CR boots for new AT setup? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › When Couldn't You Keep Up? 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Do not buy Rossignol SOUL 7's (or any of their products for that... 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › How much wax does everyone use? 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Hip Rotation in second half of turn 4 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Kneebinding Knee Friendly Binding by barunrm
- › Snowbird by MBrady
- › Snowbasin by MBrady
- › Maverick Mountain by Roadrash
- › Lutsen Mountains by comfortstarr
- › Tremblant by jzmtl
- › Panorama Mountain Village by Pacobillie
- › 1988 Salomon SX91 Equipe by vieuxcrouton
- › Mt. Baker by jhkc
- › Manning Park Resort by davidykay
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview
- › Fan Traverse Drill
- › Complete Ski Packages - Skip the Rental Line!