EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Light All Mountain Twin-Tip skis
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Light All Mountain Twin-Tip skis

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Me: 6'0", 165lbs, advanced skier, ski about: 40% chopped up powder, 25% jumps/park, 20% untouched powder, 15% groomers,

My Story: I've had my Volkl Bridges for about 2 1/2 years and the bindings I have on them are getting worn out and the ski is about 10cm too short so I'm looking for about the same ski but hopefully a lot lighter. A few days ago I picked up the Atomic Coax that is 10mm wider and 15cm longer and I could defiantly tell my Bridges were heavier. I want a lighter ski because i feel like I can do a lot more with a lighter ski (in the park and all mountain use).

What I'm looking for: A ski that is pretty light, all mountain, twin-tip, and 90-95mm waist ski, like the Bridge but lighter. I'm not looking for a park ski with a 90-95mm waist like the Line Chronic Chyptonite.

If there are any more questions please ask

thanks in advance
post #2 of 15
Thread Starter 
any thoughts?
post #3 of 15
Rossi S5
post #4 of 15
 Line Prophet 90. Fun, light and lively ski. 
post #5 of 15
Prophet Flite?  Liberty Helix? 
post #6 of 15
Line Prophet 90
post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
i think the Prophet 90 is kinda heavy because it has a metal matrix and I'm looking for a little more of a park ski than that but ill check out the s5 and Helix

thanks
post #8 of 15
 pocket rockets
post #9 of 15
I skied the Helix out of Troy's in Vail Village.  Light and fun.  My demo days were limited to very early season conditions.  I would have liked comparing it to the Prophet Flite which is the P90 without metal but couldn't find it to demo.  In the end, I was looking for more of an all mountain ski and was afraid that something so light would be prone to getting knocked around, off piste. 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhillin99 View Post

i think the Prophet 90 is kinda heavy because it has a metal matrix and I'm looking for a little more of a park ski than that but ill check out the s5 and Helix

thanks
post #10 of 15
High Society Freeride FR 179, ~3320g/pair, lighter than the other skis on this list. You did not say the length of your Volkl Bridges so these may not work; they go up to a 105 waist at 187 and down to an 82 waist for the 171. You should be able to find them for $200-300.

Icelantic Pilgrim. Sub 7lbs in 179 but that is the longest length.
post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkashkooli View Post

High Society Freeride FR 179, ~3320g/pair, lighter than the other skis on this list. You did not say the length of your Volkl Bridges so these may not work; they go up to a 105 waist at 187 and down to an 82 waist for the 171. You should be able to find them for $200-300.

Icelantic Pilgrim. Sub 7lbs in 179 but that is the longest length.
My Bridges are 169 but they are too short. I think I should be skiing around a 180 so the 179 FR with a 92mm waist sounds sounds like it fits the bill pretty well. Thanks.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhillin99 View Post

i think the Prophet 90 is kinda heavy because it has a metal matrix and I'm looking for a little more of a park ski than that but ill check out the s5 and Helix

thanks
The metal matrix is a layer of die cut titanium. The prophets are kinda known for being a light ski.
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecimmortal View Post



The metal matrix is a layer of die cut titanium. The prophets are kinda known for being a light ski.
 
So, that would make the Flite even lighter, makeing it a really light ski?
post #14 of 15
Whatever the Rossi is with that waist width.  All the Rossi twins are pretty light.  Maybe the Scott Mission too...
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhillin99 View Post



So, that would make the Flite even lighter, makeing it a really light ski?
 
It would be lighter, it would also have less torsional rigidity.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Light All Mountain Twin-Tip skis