- 21 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandAtomictagged by System, 12/8/09
Related Forum Threads
- Atomic Redster 130 cuff alignment Last post on 9/1/16 at 8:12pm in Ask the Boot Guys
- Women skiers, Atomic Blackeye, Head Super Joy? Last post on 2/18/16 at 8:22am in Ski Gear Discussion
- A layman’s look at the 2015 SIA demo days at Copper Last post on 9/18/15 at 3:37am in Member Gear Reviews
- Reports from SIA Copper: 95mm-The new hot category, Thumbnails Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:45pm in Member Gear Reviews
- Review: 2015 Atomic Automatic 109 Last post on 7/28/14 at 11:09am in Member Gear Reviews
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Atomic SX 9
I've skied the SX10s and I didn't like them. My normal groomer skis are SL12s and I was expecting them to be similar other than the radius being slight longer but they felt very different. The edge hold, hook up and sharp feel just wasn't there.
I'm a level 7 skier at just under 150lbs and the SL12s are just right for me in terms of stiffness. If he can carve turns decently he should definitly go for more ski since if he can pressure his skis well enough to do this than he can go stiffer with no problems. If he wants a 16m radius ski a better choice would be the Fischer RC4 RC (probably also cheaper) or Atomic LT12.
I would suggest looking at a ski with more sidecut and a tighter turning radius but that's my preference skiing on short hills most of the time.
You said you were an upper intermediate. Is that by terrain you ski on or by skill? Reason I ask is that if your skills are towards the beginners, these skis might be a bit stiff for you unless you plan on doing only easier terrains, especially if you're light and short.
- Atomic SX 9
- › Quick Bonafide size question? 18 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 31 minutes ago
- › First time buying skis - need suggestions please [mother skiing... 40 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Another What ski/size question, with a twist... 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Skis and Snowboards Made in the USA from Prospect 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Decision '17: Whistler or Alta/Bird? 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › Adjusting Head bindings for boot length 2 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Silver Mountain, Idaho has a new owner 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Ski Instructor Demo: Short video of TDK skiing in St Anton 2 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer