- 8 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- SKIING NEAR MANHATTAN Last post on 1/17/17 at 4:54pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Least crowded Eastern ski resorts [family weekend in Feb, advanced/intermediate plus non-skiers] Last post on 8/10/16 at 8:47am in General Skiing Discussion
- north NJ skier deciding between Ski3( gore , Whiteface , belleayre) vs Stratton , Mount Snow VT... Last post on 2/8/16 at 1:34pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Is Jay Peak big enough for a weeklong ski vacation? Last post on 1/23/14 at 6:53pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Gore, Whiteface, Sugarbush, Elk, Sno, Mountain Creek Last post on 3/10/13 at 2:35pm in General Skiing Discussion
A Brief History of Alpine Skiing
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Gore Mountain, New York Unofficial GuideLast edited: 11/10/13
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
- Gore Mountain, New York Unofficial Guide
Gore Vs Whiteface
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lake Placid is a way better town than North Creek, so Whiteface wins there. Gore is a day trip place, so there's not much going on after the lifts close.
FWIW, I had a pass @ Gore/WF for years. I live within 1.25 hrs of Gore, so went there alot. Very nice mountain, good variety of terrain. My one big gripe is that they close parts of the mountain during the week. The North side is usually closed M - Thu. and I found the "new" stuff closed often as well. Kinda like joining a golf club and not being alowed to play all 18 weekdays.
All-in-all it's got some good stuff, but it's not really a "resort" if that's what you're looking for. It's an old-fashioned day area, despite what they hype.
You can also take a ride on a bobsled. Highly recommended for a great rush!
- Gore Vs Whiteface
- › Any old AFRC dudes out there? 5 minutes ago
- › How do I screw bindings on Stockli speedplates? 8 minutes ago
- › 2016 / 17 Tahoe Weather, Discussion & Stoke 10 minutes ago
- › Nordica Patron 185 too long? 11 minutes ago
- › 2016/17 PNW thread: news, weather, anecdotes, history, gossip and... 13 minutes ago
- › Skier dies in accident at Hunter Mountain 35 minutes ago
- › Quadriceps Tendon Rupture, Repair and Rehab 40 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 54 minutes ago
- › Alta and/or Snowbird April 2017, will you be there? 1 hour ago
- › Before and after 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview