- 8 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Least crowded Eastern ski resorts [family weekend in Feb, advanced/intermediate plus non-skiers] Last post on 8/10/16 at 8:47am in General Skiing Discussion
- north NJ skier deciding between Ski3( gore , Whiteface , belleayre) vs Stratton , Mount Snow VT... Last post on 2/8/16 at 1:34pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Is Jay Peak big enough for a weeklong ski vacation? Last post on 1/23/14 at 6:53pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
- Gore, Whiteface, Sugarbush, Elk, Sno, Mountain Creek Last post on 3/10/13 at 2:35pm in General Skiing Discussion
- Northeast road trip: Showing up unannounced Last post on 3/14/13 at 4:21pm in Resorts, Conditions & Travel
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
Gore Vs Whiteface
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lake Placid is a way better town than North Creek, so Whiteface wins there. Gore is a day trip place, so there's not much going on after the lifts close.
FWIW, I had a pass @ Gore/WF for years. I live within 1.25 hrs of Gore, so went there alot. Very nice mountain, good variety of terrain. My one big gripe is that they close parts of the mountain during the week. The North side is usually closed M - Thu. and I found the "new" stuff closed often as well. Kinda like joining a golf club and not being alowed to play all 18 weekdays.
All-in-all it's got some good stuff, but it's not really a "resort" if that's what you're looking for. It's an old-fashioned day area, despite what they hype.
You can also take a ride on a bobsled. Highly recommended for a great rush!
- Gore Vs Whiteface
- › New brand. Stellar equipment 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Achilles tear no surgery 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Saving boots for another kid 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 2 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 3 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › First time buying skis - need suggestions please [mother skiing... 3 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Demo bindings 3 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Instructor recommendation for Stratton 3 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Rossignol Soul 7 length? 6', 155 lbs. Trees. 3 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 3 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer