Originally Posted by theconz
Well it looks like I won't be thee until 1/5. My mom has to have surgery. Probably best anyway airfare is cheaper and should be better conditions. The Cottonwood Canyon pager alerts are killing me though! Lol, every time I get one I feel like I am missing out.
Conz, wait until the snowpack crosses 100". Based on my humble Alta-expertise, that's when those of us on the east coast can start making travel plans. Note that 100" still leaves a fair number of rocks showing, but at least the entire place should be open with a good margin.
I will probably shoot for mid to late January for my first trip opportunity. There's a slight dip in lodging rates at the GMD around the end of January. Might try for the Epic gathering at the beginning of February too.